The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
This page provides a list of all the skill trainers in the game of Oblivion. Each of these NPCs can be paid to train a character in the specified skill. This is one of several ways that skills can be increased.
|Ida Vlinorman||0001605D||Northeastern quadrant of the Imperial City Elven Gardens District|
|Quill-Weave||0000A2A0||Main Drag in Anvil|
|Ganredhel||000034DB||Ganredhel's house in southeast Cheydinhal|
|Tsrava||00034E78||J'bari's house in southcentral Leyawiin|
|Torbern||000613B8||Aerin's Camp northeast of Cheydinhal|
|Felen Relas||0002D019||Anvil Mages Guild|
|S'drassa||0002D026||Leyawiin Mages Guild|
|Ardaline||0002D01B||Bravil Mages Guild|
|Brotch Calus||0002991E||A house east of Bruma's Great Chapel of Talos|
|Sinderion||0003E92B||Skingrad's West Weald Inn wine-cellar|
|Deetsan||0002D021||Cheydinhal Mages Guild|
|Dovyn Aren||0001605C||Near Ida Vlinorman in the Imperial City Elven Gardens District|
|Abhuki||000389B8||Faregyl Inn south of Imperial City|
|Athragar||000234BA||Chorrol Mages Guild|
|Tooth-in-the-Sea||0003C165||Swimming off the Niben Bay coast north of Bravil|
|Eitar||00034E82||The Dividing Line in Leyawiin|
|Tadrose Helas||0000A096||Bravil Fighters Guild|
|Rasheda||000234AF||Fire and Steel in Chorrol|
|Rohssan||0001C14C||A Fighting Chance in the Imperial City Market District|
|Gin-Wulm||0003E92D||The Best Defense in the Imperial City Market District
(also wanders the Market and Elven Gardens Districts)
|Uuras the Shepherd||00028E84||Southwest corner of Skingrad|
|Hauls-Ropes-Faster*||0000A297||The Fo'c'sle in Anvil, wanders the waterfront at night|
|Honditar||000234B9||Lives just southwest of Chorrol, but spends his days walking around the great oak in Chorrol.|
|Rusia Bradus||0000A29F||Lives in Anvil next to the Abandoned House|
|Note: Hauls-Ropes-Faster does not offer training in the unpatched version, but may be fixed in the construction set.|
|Naspia Cosma||000034CB||Castle Cheydinhal|
|Right-Wind||00035EC1||Bruma Fighters Guild|
|Rhano||0000A290||Anvil Fighters Guild|
|Sherina||00034E73||Leyawiin Fighters Guild|
|Alix Lencolia||0018D2B4||Faregyl Inn south of Imperial City|
|Fadus Calidius||000293DB||Skingrad Fighters Guild|
|Huurwen||0000A294||Anvil Fighters Guild|
|Ambroise Canne||00028E75||Southwest corner of Skingrad|
|Lum gro-Baroth||000234BF||Chorrol Fighters Guild|
|Andragil||0000A10B||Above Dro'shanji in the north part of Bravil|
|Bugak gro-Bol||00037C33||Southern Books in Leyawiin|
|Vigdis||0000A28F||Anvil Fighters Guild|
|Azzan||00024166||Anvil Fighters Guild|
|Christophe Marane||0002DC04||Brina Cross Inn northeast of Anvil|
|Irene Metrick||00016058||Northwest quadrant of the Imperial City Elven Gardens District|
|Fathis Aren||0000A090||Castle Bravil|
|Sulinus Vassinus||000293ED||Skingrad Mages Guild|
|Alberic Litte||000222B8||Chorrol Mages Guild|
|Arentus Falvius||00035EB9||Bruma's Great Chapel of Talos|
|Olyn Seran||00026B4D||Molag Bal's shrine located in the Great Forest|
|J'skar||0002D01E||Bruma Mages Guild|
|Delphine Jend||0002CB2D||Bravil Mages Guild|
|Marc Gulitte||0002D01A||Anvil Mages Guild|
|Bralsa Andaren||0003E92F||Near the Wayshrine of Kynareth, southwest of Weatherleah and the Wayshrine of Julianos|
|Hand to Hand Training|
|Nahsi||0000A095||Bravil Fighters Guild|
|Rufrius Vinicius||0000A291||Anvil Fighters Guild|
|Davela Hlaren||0003AB4E||Imperial Bridge Inn|
|Helvius Cecia||00035ED0||Southeast corner of Bruma|
|Heavy Armor Training|
|Brodras||00034E72||Leyawiin Fighters Guild|
|Bumph gra-Gash||00035EC2||Bruma Fighters Guild|
|Varnado||00015EAD||The Best Defense store in the Imperial City Market District|
|Pranal||000389BD||Roxey Inn on the Red Ring Road, north of Lake Rumare|
|Note: Valus Odiil does not offer training, but he will provide the recommendation for Heavy Armor master training once your skill reaches 70.|
|Esbern||xx000F5E||Cheydinhal's Great Chapel of Arkay (with Knights of the Nine only)|
|Hil the Tall||000034C6||Cheydinhal's Great Chapel of Arkay|
|Jantus Brolus||00035EC9||Istirus Brolus's house in Bruma|
|Carahil||0002CD1E||Anvil Mages Guild|
|Martina Floria||00034EB5||Arcane University's Chironasium|
|Note: Kud-Ei does not offer training, but she will provide the recommendation for Illusion master training once your skill reaches 70.|
|Light Armor Training|
|Dul gro-Shug||00016056||Southwest quadrant of the Imperial City Elven Gardens District|
|Olfand||00035EB5||Nord Winds in Bruma|
|Ahdarji||00034E87||Leyawiin just west of the Castle|
|Luciana Galena||0000A10A||South Bravil (right above the house for sale)|
|Edla Dark-Heart||00035ECF||Regner's house in south Bruma|
|Shameer||000294B7||West of Skingrad's Great Chapel of Julianos|
|Melliwin||xx002F9F||Dunbarrow Cove (with Thieves Den official plug-in only). Trains to 75 rather than 70.|
|Reman Broder||000294A2||Southwest corner of Skingrad|
|Alawen||0003C15F||Troll Candle Camp east of Anvil|
|Foroch||0003AB51||Gottshaw Inn west of Kvatch|
|Mach-Na||00023FEA||Mach-Na Books store in Cheydinhal|
|Khafiz||xx00348F||Dunbarrow Cove (with Thieves Den official plug-in only). Trains to 75 rather than 70.|
|Margarte||00034E81||East of Leyawiin's Great Chapel of Zenithar|
|Seed-Neeus||000234B8||Northern Goods and Trade store near Chorrol's South Gate|
|Palonirya||00015EA8||Divine Elegance in the Imperial City Market District|
|Angalmo||000234BB||Chorrol Mages Guild|
|Druja||000293EE||Skingrad Mages Guild|
|Boderi Farano||00023EB1||Arcane University's Mystic Archives|
|Ita Rienus||0002D01C||Bravil Mages Guild|
|Dagail||0002CD22||Leyawiin Mages Guild|
|Cirroc||00035EB8||Bruma's Great Chapel of Talos|
|Marie Palielle||00028F9F||Skingrad's Great Chapel of Julianos|
|Beem-Kiurz||xx000F60||Bravil's Great Chapel of Mara (with Knights of the Nine only)|
|Kinther||xx000F5F||Cheydinhal's Great Chapel of Arkay (with Knights of the Nine only)|
|Marz||0000A08B||Bravil's Great Chapel of Mara|
|Ohtesse||000034C7||Cheydinhal's Great Chapel of Arkay|
|Oleta||00090AB3||Chapel of Akatosh in Kvatch; after Breaking the Siege of Kvatch, she can be found in the refugee camp south of the ruined city|
|Malintus Ancrus||000222A6||Southwest corner of Chorrol|
|Samuel Bantien||0001FC52||Imperial City Talos Plaza District|
|Dro'shanji||0002CA36||Dro'shanji's house in north-central Bravil|
|Mandil||00016060||Othrelos' house in the Imperial City Elven Gardens District|
|Tahm Blackwell||xx00348B||Dunbarrow Cove (with Thieves Den official plug-in only). Trains to 75 rather than 70.|
|J'baana||0009346E||In a tent inside the Imperial Prison complex in the Imperial City|
|City-Swimmer||0000A109||Above S'Krivva's just southwest of Bravil City Gate|
|Glistel||000222A3||Southwest corner of Chorrol (Malintus Ancrus' house)|
|Rowley Eardwulf||xx003286||Wawnet Inn west of the Imperial City (with Vile Lair only). Trains to 50 rather than 40.|
|Kovan Kren||xx002FA1||Dunbarrow Cove (with Thieves Den official plug-in only). Trains to 75 rather than 70.|
|Mirabelle Monet||0000A295||Fo'c's'le boarding house (the private room) at Anvil Waterfront|
|Othrelos||0001605F||Northeast part of the Imperial City Elven Gardens District|
|Marana Rian||0001D353||Northwest part of the Imperial City Temple District|
|Alga||00035EC4||Honmund's house in Bruma|
|Eris Senim||xx000F61||Bravil's Great Chapel of Mara (with Knights of the Nine only)|
|Uravasa Othrelas||0000A08A||Bravil's Great Chapel of Mara|
|Gruiand Garrana||000034C9||Cheydinhal's Great Chapel of Arkay|
|Inius Colus||xx000F5D||Cheydinhal's Great Chapel of Arkay (with Knights of the Nine only)|
|Jak Silver||xx003492||Dunbarrow Cove (with Thieves Den official plug-in only). Trains to 75 rather than 70.|
|Varon Vamori||0002991C||His house in Bravil|
|Tandilwe||000153B9||Temple of the One in the Imperial City Temple District|
- You are limited to purchasing at most five skill increases per level. This limit applies regardless of if you get 1 skill point from 5 different trainers or 5 skill points from 1 trainer. Once you reach your limit, you cannot purchase any further training until you level up. If you attempt to do so, you will get the message: "You have reached your training limit for your current level."
- The character statistics/skill menu shows how many times training has been purchased at the character's level (e.g., it will show 0/5 if no training has been purchased).
- The five per level limitation is counted using your character's actual level (i.e., you can purchase five training lessons between times that you sleep to level up). The effect of the training, however, is applied based upon the level that you would have if you had slept. In other words, if you purchase training after the icon indicating that you are ready to level up appears, the attribute bonuses are applied to the next level (and do not appear the next time you sleep to level up). One implication is that it is actually possible to purchase all ten major skill increases for one level (purchase five after receiving the level up icon, but before sleeping, and the other five after sleeping). However, this is only possible if you forego all training at the first level (i.e. don't train until the level up icon appears) so you receive zero training at one level, and ten at the next.
- The cost of training is 10 gold per point of your current rank in the skill. Both the cost to train and the limit on whether your skill has surpassed the trainer do take into account any Fortify Skill magical effect currently on your character. Wait for any spells to expire and remove any magical gear that increases your skill before training it.
- You can apply Drain Skill effects to yourself to lower your skill so trainers will train your skills for lower cost, or so lower level trainers will train you. The ranks learned while training will still be added to your base skill level. For example, a custom made Drain Skill 100 points for 1 second effect would render master trainers unnecessary and give your character free training.
- This can be used to train your skills over 100, all the way up to 255. Drain Skill effects from two separate sources are required to make this free from 101-200 and effects from three separate sources are required to make this free from 201-255.
- There are at least: two basic (0-40, green), two advanced (0-70, blue) and one master (71-100, red) trainer for each skill (without mods).
- Athletics, Heavy Armor, and Illusion are exceptions: each only has one advanced trainer, instead of the usual two.
- Several official plug-ins add additional trainers, most of whom do not fit into the standard basic/advanced/master categories. For example, some plug-in trainers will train from 0-75, instead of 0-70. If the maximum level for training is different, that value is specified in the table.
- Once you get to 70 in a skill, you should have a Training topic when you talk to either of the two advanced level trainers. Asking about that topic will direct you to the master trainer who will probably have a short quest for you to complete before they will train you.
- Many trainers will only offer training during certain time period. It may be necessary to follow them around for a while. Check the individual NPC page for each trainer for any known information on the times when they are available to offer services such as training.
- A lot of trainers are not essential, so be careful when you are around them and make certain that there are no enemies around your trainers before you leave them.
 See Also
- Master Training: List of all master trainers, and requirements for their services.
- Increasing Skills: General tips on how to improve your skills semi-naturally.
- Skill Books: Books that increase skill levels when read.
- Free Skill Boosts: Bonus increases that are available by completing various quests.