With the fall of the Reman Dynasty at the end of the First Era, the Dragonfires go out without an emperor to light them. In the absence of a clear leader, three warring factions—the Ebonheart Pact, the Aldmeri Dominion, and the Daggerfall Covenant—use the opportunity to expand their territory, at the expense of their rivals and the residents of the Imperial province of Cyrodiil. The Tharn family (ancestors of the infamous Jagar Tharn) forges an alliance with Mannimarco to assist the depleted and surrounded Imperial Army by reanimating their dead. Secretly, Mannimarco betrays his Imperial allies by assisting the Daedric Prince Molag Bal in invading Tamriel in an attempt to incorporate it into his realm. The player character is one of Molag Bal's victims, who has had his or her soul stolen by the Daedric Prince.
Additional general game information can be found here.
- Quests — All the quests upon which you can embark
- Attributes — What are the basic stats?
- Character Creation — A guide to the character creation process
- Classes — Information about each of the classes
- First Time Players — A guide to help new players learn how to survive in Tamriel
- Leveling — Understanding the character leveling system
- Races — The defining characteristics of the playable races
- Skills — And what can you do?
- Vampirism — Information about vampirism and related quests
- Lycanthropy — Information about living as a werewolf and related quests
- Activities — Miscellaneous activities available during the game
- Alliance War — Information about ESO's player-versus-player gameplay
- Combat — Information about combat in ESO
- Controls — A table of the various controls used to interact with the game, for all game platforms
- Items — Where to find specific items and their related attributes
- Making Money — Some tips and tricks aimed at helping you earn a bit more gold
- Stealth — Information on the art of stealth and its uses
- Store — Details on items available from the cash shop
- Professions — The arts of crafting and improving equipment
- Creatures — A bestiary of all the friendly and hostile creatures found in the game
- Factions — Listing of all the guilds and factions in the game, including the factions you can join
- Maps — Are you familiar with your whereabouts?
- NPCs — Listing of all non-player characters in the game
- People — Listing of all the named people in the game
- Places — Listing of all the places found in the game
- Services — A listing of all the services provided in the game
- Patch — Official patches for ESO by Zenimax Online Studios
- Console Versions
- PC & Mac Versions
Previews and Reviews
- Concept Art — An archive of concept and rendered art created during the game's development
- Screenshots — Screenshots from the game prior to its release
- Achievements — Awards you can receive for your efforts
- Credits — Details on exactly who did what to create the game
- Development Team — A list of the developers who created the game
- Easter Eggs — Funny, out of place, or reference-related non-bug findings
- Glitches — Different things you may have noticed about ESO that just weren't right
- Historical References — References to people, places and events from previous Elder Scrolls games
- Loading Screens — Information that appears while the game loads
- Music — Information about ESO's soundtrack
- Official Add-Ons — Official add-ons released by ZeniMax Online Studios.
- Technical Support — Hardware and system software issues and their practical solutions
- UESP Guild — Join the UESP on its adventures throughout Tamriel!
- Voice Actors — List of the actors who provided voices for ESO's NPCs
- Wallpapers — Official wallpapers, available in various sizes
- forums where you can discuss the game — A place on the UESP