|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Store||Great Chapel of Mara|
|Available||6am-8pm, 10pm-12am every day|
|Faction(s)||Bravil; Nine Divines (Layman)|
Uravasa Othrelas, a Dunmer, is a Layman of the Nine Divines and the resident priest at the Great Chapel of Mara in Bravil. She offers basic Speechcraft training and sells a variety of spells, mainly from the magic school of Restoration.
Like the other residents of the chapel, Uravasa sleeps in the chapel hall every night between midnight and 6am. After waking up, she spends the first two hours of the day strolling around the downstairs area: the undercroft, the chapel hall or the stairs leading to the main chapel. At 8am, she finally heads up into the main chapel and spends the rest of the morning there. At midday, she returns to her routine downstairs and will keep going until 4pm. At that time, she positions herself in front of the Altar of the Nine and prays for two hours. Between 6pm and her bedtime at midnight, she will wander the lower floors once again, only interrupted at 8pm by a two-hour dinner, which she will take at the big dinner table in the chapel hall. She will offer her services at all times except when eating or sleeping. At the completion of the Knights of the Nine quest Nature's Fury, the Bravil chapel is attacked by Aurorans and its inhabitants slaughtered, including Uravasa.
She wears pigskin shoes, a quilted doublet, and a pair of linens. She carries around her chapel key and a small amount of gold. Uravasa doesn't wield any weapons, relying instead on a turn undead spell and a series of low-medium level Restoration spells, ranging from restore health, fatigue, and speed, to fortify speed, to cure poison. These are also the same spells that you can buy from her for a cheap price, since her Mercantile is a mere 6.
Her skills with the spoken word have impressed many of Bravil's townsfolk. When asked about rumors they will say: "It's always a pleasure to hear Uravasa Othrelas speak at chapel. She has a real way with words." and "Uravasa Othrelas has a way with words. I wish she could teach me how to speak that well." Others will reply: "She really is a gifted orator. I wish she'd teach me how to do that.", "Uravasa is an excellent speaker. Her sermons are always quite enlightening.", "She is very well-spoken. I understand she teaches those skills as well." and "She certainly has a talent for speaking. Plus, she's willing to teach others this skill."
When you first approach her, she will introduce herself by saying: "I'm Uravasa Othrelas, priest of Mara. I'm also a Speechcraft trainer. I can help you make... different mistakes, at least." When asked about Bravil, she will respond: "Mara guides and protects Bravil, like she protects any good family. Like any good family, we have our problems."
 Related Quests
- When Uravasa is killed, only Alga will be available to provide basic Speechcraft training. Once the Knights of the Nine questline is completed, Uravasa is replaced by Eris Senim who, other than being male instead of female, is basically identical to Uravasa.
She sells the following spells:
|Repulse Undead||Apprentice||29||Turn Undead up to level 7 for 30sec on Target|
|Minor Respite||Novice||6||Restore Fatigue 15pts on Self|
|Convalescence||Apprentice||48||Restore Health 15pts on Target|
|Cure Paralysis||Apprentice||50||Cure Paralysis on Touch|
|Cure Poison||Apprentice||60||Cure Poison on Self|
|Fortify Speed||Apprentice||42||Fortify Speed 5pts for 90sec on Self|
|Heal Major Wounds||Apprentice||61||Restore Health 25pts on Self|
|Major Respite||Apprentice||54||Restore Fatigue 80pts on Self|
|Restore Speed*||Apprentice||29||Restore Speed 5pts on Self|
|Cure Disease||Journeyman||140||Cure Disease on Self|
|Greater Convalescence||Journeyman||138||Restore Health 20pts for 2sec on Target|
|Greater Fortify Speed||Journeyman||102||Fortify Speed 10pts for 90sec on Self|
|Heal Greater Wounds||Journeyman||92||Restore Health 20pts for 2sec on Self|
|Superior Convalescence||Expert||277||Restore Health 20pts for 4sec on Target|
* Indicates spells with effects which cannot be purchased anywhere else.
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.