Featured articles are articles the site's editors deem to be of the highest quality and should be held up as an example for other articles. Articles are nominated for this status below. The site's editors then review the nominees for content, style, completeness, and overall quality and place their vote. High quality images can be nominated for featured status at Featured Images.
Archives of previous nominations can be found here.
Featured Article Process
Any registered member can nominate any article at any time. Nominated articles should be of high quality and meet the site's style guidelines. They will frequently be recently completed articles or articles that have just undergone a substantial rewrite, but older articles are also suitable candidates.
To nominate an article, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the article should be given featured status.
After an article has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given article, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an article, state whether you support or oppose the article for featured article status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the article must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on article nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The article has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
- A clear consensus has been reached (either supported or opposed for featured status).
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Articles whose nominations pass will receive featured article status on the front page for at least one month and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an article achieves featured status before the present featured article's month expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Article
- Online:Pets 8 August, 2015 - 8 September, 2015
Previous Featured Articles
|Skyrim:Erandur||1 July, 2015 - 8 August, 2015|
|Skyrim:Sheogorath||29 May, 2015 - 1 July, 2015|
|Daggerfall:Vampirism||27 April, 2015 - 29 May, 2015|
|Skyrim:Balgruuf the Greater||25 March, 2015 - 27 April, 2015|
|Lore:Skyrim||23 February, 2015 - 25 March, 2015|
|Lore:Sheogorath||20 January, 2015 - 23 February, 2015|
|Lore:Imperial Legion||15 December, 2014 - 20 January, 2015|
|Skyrim:Frostflow Abyss (quest)||27 September, 2014 - 15 December, 2014|
|Skyrim:Arniel Gane||27 August, 2014 - 27 September, 2014|
|Lore:Tiber Wars||27 July, 2014 - 27 August, 2014|
|Skyrim:Thonar Silver-Blood||24 June, 2014 - 27 July, 2014|
|Lore:Potema||28 May, 2014 - 24 June, 2014|
|Skyrim:Isran||24 April, 2014 - 28 May, 2014|
|Skyrim:Lost to the Ages||22 March, 2014 - 24 April, 2014|
|Lore:Nerevar||22 February, 2014 - 22 March, 2014|
|Skyrim:Chillrend||22 January, 2014 - 22 February, 2014|
|Dragonborn:Neloth||22 December, 2013 - 22 January, 2014|
|Lore:Scourge||20 November, 2013 - 22 December, 2013|
|Skyrim:Thieves Guild (faction)||20 October, 2013 - 20 November, 2013|
|Oblivion:Glarthir||19 September, 2013 - 20 October, 2013|
|Dragonborn:Lost Legacy||19 August, 2013 - 19 September, 2013|
|Skyrim:Ulfric Stormcloak||18 July, 2013 - 19 August, 2013|
|Skyrim:Darkness Returns||18 June, 2013 - 18 July, 2013|
|Dragonborn:The Final Descent||18 April, 2013 - 18 June, 2013|
|Skyrim:Irkngthand||16 March, 2013 - 18 April, 2013|
|Shivering:Jyggalag||11 February, 2013 - 16 March, 2013|
|Skyrim:Easter Eggs||9 January, 2013 - 11 February, 2013|
|Skyrim:Dragon||29 November, 2012 - 9 January, 2013|
|Skyrim:Delphine||29 October, 2012 - 29 November, 2012|
|Skyrim:Thalmor||28 September, 2012 - 29 October, 2012|
|Skyrim:Legate Rikke||27 August, 2012 - 28 September, 2012|
|Skyrim:Cicero||24 July, 2012 - 27 August, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forsworn||3 May, 2012 - 24 July, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forbidden Legend||30 April 2012 - 3 May 2012|
|Lore:Khajiit||30 March, 2012 - 30 April, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Black Star||21 February, 2012 - 30 March, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Only Cure||10 December, 2011 - 21 February, 2012|
|Lore:Vivec (god)||20 November, 2011 - 10 December, 2011|
|Oblivion:The Path of Dawn||16 October, 2011 - 20 November, 2011|
|Shivering:Syl||30 July, 2011 - 16 October, 2011|
|Daggerfall:Journey to Aetherius||30 June, 2011 - 30 July, 2011|
|Morrowind:Vivec||30 May, 2011 - 30 June, 2011|
|Books:The Infernal City||28 April, 2011 - 30 May, 2011|
|Shivering:Golden Saint||January 2011 - April 2011|
|Shadowkey:Glacier Crawl||November 2010 - January 2011|
|Morrowind:Seyda Neen||October 2010 - November 2010|
|Lore:Septim Dynasty||July 2010 - October 2010|
|Oblivion:Janus Hassildor||May 2010 - July 2010|
|Oblivion:Arcane University||February 2010 - May 2010|
|Lore:Black Marsh||December 2009 - February 2010|
|Oblivion:Rosethorn Hall||October 2009 - December 2009|
|Oblivion:Adanrel||May 2009 - October 2009|
|Oblivion:Creatures||January 2009 - May 2009|
|General:Playing DOS Installments under DOSBox||November 2008 - January 2009|
|Morrowind:Armor Artifacts||September 2008 - November 2008|
|Oblivion:Houses||July 2008 - September 2008|
|Oblivion:Artifacts||June 2008 - July 2008|
|Oblivion:Traps||May 2008 - June 2008|
|Oblivion:Classes||October 2007 - May 2008|
|Lore:Daedric Alphabet||November 2006 - October 2007|
|Lore:Khajiit||August 2006 - November 2006 (revoked August 2011)|
Nominations and Votes
An impressively put together article, it looks technically great.
- Comment: I'm not going to oppose this one, but it's too much of a list page for me to support. The content is entirely transient and is based on what the Crown Store currently contains. The option to view all past offers exists of course, but it's almost a secondary function. It's a great page and very useful, but I struggle to see it as an article. —Legoless (talk) 14:56, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: I'm going to oppose this vote using Legoless's listed points. -damon talk ♥ contribs 16:54, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
So much is going on at the start of Dragonborn, and this is a great summary of all the various starting plot threads as well as a great introduction to most of the important characters.
- Support: A very thorough walkthrough. A little heavy on dialogue and images, but not at all cumbersome. —Legoless (talk) 14:56, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support: An excellent article, although I just accidentally spoiled the start of that expansion, and I've not gotten around to playing it yet, because of the new Metal Gear game :( Anyway, an excellently thorough article that serves to get you into the starting points of the story, as AKB said. -damon talk ♥ contribs 16:54, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: I find a quest page with all the related dialogue to be a double-edged sword. As long as the instructions are there, the dialogue doesn't need to be there. It can go on the relevant NPCs' articles. Quest walkthroughs should have the information needed so a player can complete the quest. Dialogue won't help a player complete the quest. DRAGON GUARD(TALK) 19:37, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
- Comment: We could cut a lot from articles on the grounds it isn't absolutely needed. Dialogue should go on relevant NPC pages, but if it's interesting or quest related enough, there is no issue with making a quest article more interesting to read with dialogue. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 04:33, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support: I've long felt that with Skyrim's very detailed journal/objective system and accessible design, there are vanishingly few quests that are actually complex or difficult enough to really need a gameplay walkthrough to complete. I believe quest pages are more useful as a summary of the events of the quest as a reminder or primer for someone who hasn't played it or for whom it's been several years. With that perspective, I obviously don't mind having a large amount of dialogue and accompanying images, since they enliven the summary information and make it much more interesting to read. -- Hargrimm(T) 16:34, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
A well sourced and informative article; exactly what UESP is about.
- Support: As nominator. MetaCthulhu (talk) 02:36, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Very well written. Amazed it hasn't been featured before. Schiffy(Talk) 06:44, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support: ME's huge overhaul earlier this year brought this well up to Featured quality. -- Hargrimm(T) 16:34, 18 September 2015 (UTC)