Featured articles are articles the site's editors deem to be of the highest quality and should be held up as an example for other articles. Articles are nominated for this status below. The site's editors then review the nominees for content, style, completeness, and overall quality and place their vote. High quality images can be nominated for featured status at Featured Images.
Archives of previous nominations can be found here.
 Featured Article Process
Any registered member can nominate any article at any time. Nominated articles should be of high quality and meet the site's style guidelines. They will frequently be recently completed articles or articles that have just undergone a substantial rewrite, but older articles are also suitable candidates.
To nominate an article, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the article should be given featured status.
After an article has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given article, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an article, state whether you support or oppose the article for featured article status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the article must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on article nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The article has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
- A clear consensus has been reached (either supported or opposed for featured status).
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Articles whose nominations pass will receive featured article status on the front page for at least one month and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an article achieves featured status before the present featured article's month expires, it must wait its turn.
 Current Featured Article
- Lore:Nerevar 22 February, 2014 - 22 March, 2014
- Skyrim:Lost to the Ages 22 March, 2014 - 22 April, 2014
 Previous Featured Articles
|Skyrim:Chillrend||22 January, 2014 - 22 February, 2014|
|Dragonborn:Neloth||22 December, 2013 - 22 January, 2014|
|Lore:Scourge||20 November, 2013 - 22 December, 2013|
|Skyrim:Thieves Guild (faction)||20 October, 2013 - 20 November, 2013|
|Oblivion:Glarthir||19 September, 2013 - 20 October, 2013|
|Dragonborn:Lost Legacy||19 August, 2013 - 19 September, 2013|
|Skyrim:Ulfric Stormcloak||18 July, 2013 - 19 August, 2013|
|Skyrim:Darkness Returns||18 June, 2013 - 18 July, 2013|
|Dragonborn:The Final Descent||18 April, 2013 - 18 June, 2013|
|Skyrim:Irkngthand||16 March, 2013 - 18 April, 2013|
|Shivering:Jyggalag||11 February, 2013 - 16 March, 2013|
|Skyrim:Easter Eggs||9 January, 2013 - 11 February, 2013|
|Skyrim:Dragon||29 November, 2012 - 9 January, 2013|
|Skyrim:Delphine||29 October, 2012 - 29 November, 2012|
|Skyrim:Thalmor||28 September, 2012 - 29 October, 2012|
|Skyrim:Legate Rikke||27 August, 2012 - 28 September, 2012|
|Skyrim:Cicero||24 July, 2012 - 27 August, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forsworn||3 May, 2012 - 24 July, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forbidden Legend||30 April 2012 - 3 May 2012|
|Lore:Khajiit||30 March, 2012 - 30 April, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Black Star||21 February, 2012 - 30 March, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Only Cure||10 December, 2011 - 21 February, 2012|
|Lore:Vivec (god)||20 November, 2011 - 10 December, 2011|
|Oblivion:The Path of Dawn||16 October, 2011 - 20 November, 2011|
|Shivering:Syl||30 July, 2011 - 16 October, 2011|
|Daggerfall:Journey to Aetherius||30 June, 2011 - 30 July, 2011|
|Morrowind:Vivec||30 May, 2011 - 30 June, 2011|
|Books:The Infernal City||28 April, 2011 - 30 May, 2011|
|Shivering:Golden Saint||January 2011 - April 2011|
|Shadowkey:Glacier Crawl||November 2010 - January 2011|
|Morrowind:Seyda Neen||October 2010 - November 2010|
|Lore:Septim Dynasty||July 2010 - October 2010|
|Oblivion:Janus Hassildor||May 2010 - July 2010|
|Oblivion:Arcane University||February 2010 - May 2010|
|Lore:Black Marsh||December 2009 - February 2010|
|Oblivion:Rosethorn Hall||October 2009 - December 2009|
|Oblivion:Adanrel||May 2009 - October 2009|
|Oblivion:Creatures||January 2009 - May 2009|
|General:Playing DOS Installments under DOSBox||November 2008 - January 2009|
|Morrowind:Armor Artifacts||September 2008 - November 2008|
|Oblivion:Houses||July 2008 - September 2008|
|Oblivion:Artifacts||June 2008 - July 2008|
|Oblivion:Traps||May 2008 - June 2008|
|Oblivion:Classes||October 2007 - May 2008|
|Lore:Daedric Alphabet||November 2006 - October 2007|
|Lore:Khajiit||August 2006 - November 2006 (revoked August 2011)|
 Nominations and Votes
I'd like to put forward this article for FA nomination. What's there to say about it? Created by the new user Darth crucifious back in October last year, this article is precise, well written, and it's a stellar example of a Featured Article. There is a redlink in one of the images, which links back to the OB namespace to what's presumably a page that will eventually be created for the building itself, though since it's just one redlink, I don't think it hurts anything (A red link is simple to delink if anyone doesn't like it anyway). There's one other thing that could be changed, if it's found undesirable, since I've seen this done both ways on the site: the headers are in "sentence case", as opposed to "title case", which is WP's preferred formatting for headers. I've seen it both ways on the site, and I'm unsure after a search of our formatting guides if we have a preference written one way or another, so I'm using the WP MoS to cite them as acceptable, though like the red link, it's a simple fix.
Anyway, it terms of content and imagery, this page is a shining example for a faction page, and I've played the hell out of Oblivion, and even I've learned a lot from this article.
- Support: nominator -damon talk ♥ contribs 02:46, 19 February 2014 (GMT)
- Comment: Just to answer the implied question, in previous discussions (please don't ask me to find them!), title case has been the consensus. – Robin Hood (talk) 03:16, 19 February 2014 (GMT)
- Oppose: This may change, but currently, I'm opposed. Not enough references, for starters. There's details here which are too specific (I see redlinks to gamespace pages in a lore article as a warning sign). It would be more lore-y and encyclopedic to gloss over some more things. I don't mind the headers, but I'd prefer one at a time ("Operations and rivalry", "secrets uncovered and destruction"; should only need one header). Minor EditsThreats•Evidence 03:20, 19 February 2014 (GMT)
I think the Dragonborn article about Kolbjorn Barrow is finally ready for FA nomination.
The article is extensive, yet easy to navigate. Established first as a placeholder in December 2012, but did not really develop much until Biffa did a major work on it, finished a year later, on 6 December 2013. These last couple of months some cleaning up and tweaking has been done, and through the initiative of Biffa, good pictures have been added.
I believe the Kolbjorn Barrow article is a good representative for what the UESP Wiki can present, and in my opinion ready for the star of an FA.
- Support: nominator —MortenOSlash (talk) 18:50, 25 February 2014 (GMT)
- Oppose: Biffa's edits have been shown time and again to be ill-tested. Books are added that are random, items that are random are listed as set. Until this page gets a thorough check I have to oppose it. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 19:03, 25 February 2014 (GMT)
- Oppose:It's a good start, and there's plenty of information and photos there, but it still needs work to become a FA. It still has several errors in linking, capitalization and grammar. The prose is also not very engaging, it's basically just a list of everything that you see and it could do with having Ralis's actual dialogue instead of paraphrasing it. --AN|L (talk) 19:06, 25 February 2014 (GMT)
- Oppose:I have to agree that this article is nowhere near ready to be placed in the spotlight of an FA. I just glanced at the first two sections, and the prose and grammar need a lot of polishing. I see way too much short, simplistic phrasing for my taste, and the grammar and punctuation need A LOT of work. --Xyzzy Talk 22:29, 25 February 2014 (GMT)