Featured articles are articles the site's editors deem to be of the highest quality and should be held up as an example for other articles. Articles are nominated for this status below. The site's editors then review the nominees for content, style, completeness, and overall quality and place their vote. High quality images can be nominated for featured status at Featured Images.
Archives of previous nominations can be found here.
Featured Article Process
Any registered member can nominate any article at any time. Nominated articles should be of high quality and meet the site's style guidelines. They will frequently be recently completed articles or articles that have just undergone a substantial rewrite, but older articles are also suitable candidates.
To nominate an article, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the article should be given featured status.
After an article has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given article, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an article, state whether you support or oppose the article for featured article status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the article must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on article nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The article has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
- A clear consensus has been reached (either supported or opposed for featured status).
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Articles whose nominations pass will receive featured article status on the front page for at least one month and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an article achieves featured status before the present featured article's month expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Article
- Lore:Sancre Tor 16 May, 2016 - 16 June, 2016
Previous Featured Articles
|Lore:Snow Elf||15 April, 2016 - 16 May, 2016|
|Skyrim:Mountain Climbing||4 January, 2016 - 15 April, 2016|
|Lore:Necromancy||22 November, 2015 - 4 January, 2016|
|Dragonborn:Dragonborn (quest)||15 October, 2015 - 22 November, 2015|
|Online:Pets||8 August, 2015 - 15 October, 2015|
|Skyrim:Erandur||1 July, 2015 - 8 August, 2015|
|Skyrim:Sheogorath||29 May, 2015 - 1 July, 2015|
|Daggerfall:Vampirism||27 April, 2015 - 29 May, 2015|
|Skyrim:Balgruuf the Greater||25 March, 2015 - 27 April, 2015|
|Lore:Skyrim||23 February, 2015 - 25 March, 2015|
|Lore:Sheogorath||20 January, 2015 - 23 February, 2015|
|Lore:Imperial Legion||15 December, 2014 - 20 January, 2015|
|Skyrim:Frostflow Abyss (quest)||27 September, 2014 - 15 December, 2014|
|Skyrim:Arniel Gane||27 August, 2014 - 27 September, 2014|
|Lore:Tiber Wars||27 July, 2014 - 27 August, 2014|
|Skyrim:Thonar Silver-Blood||24 June, 2014 - 27 July, 2014|
|Lore:Potema||28 May, 2014 - 24 June, 2014|
|Skyrim:Isran||24 April, 2014 - 28 May, 2014|
|Skyrim:Lost to the Ages||22 March, 2014 - 24 April, 2014|
|Lore:Nerevar||22 February, 2014 - 22 March, 2014|
|Skyrim:Chillrend||22 January, 2014 - 22 February, 2014|
|Dragonborn:Neloth||22 December, 2013 - 22 January, 2014|
|Lore:Scourge||20 November, 2013 - 22 December, 2013|
|Skyrim:Thieves Guild (faction)||20 October, 2013 - 20 November, 2013|
|Oblivion:Glarthir||19 September, 2013 - 20 October, 2013|
|Dragonborn:Lost Legacy||19 August, 2013 - 19 September, 2013|
|Skyrim:Ulfric Stormcloak||18 July, 2013 - 19 August, 2013|
|Skyrim:Darkness Returns||18 June, 2013 - 18 July, 2013|
|Dragonborn:The Final Descent||18 April, 2013 - 18 June, 2013|
|Skyrim:Irkngthand||16 March, 2013 - 18 April, 2013|
|Shivering:Jyggalag||11 February, 2013 - 16 March, 2013|
|Skyrim:Easter Eggs||9 January, 2013 - 11 February, 2013|
|Skyrim:Dragon||29 November, 2012 - 9 January, 2013|
|Skyrim:Delphine||29 October, 2012 - 29 November, 2012|
|Skyrim:Thalmor||28 September, 2012 - 29 October, 2012|
|Skyrim:Legate Rikke||27 August, 2012 - 28 September, 2012|
|Skyrim:Cicero||24 July, 2012 - 27 August, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forsworn||3 May, 2012 - 24 July, 2012|
|Skyrim:Forbidden Legend||30 April 2012 - 3 May 2012|
|Lore:Khajiit||30 March, 2012 - 30 April, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Black Star||21 February, 2012 - 30 March, 2012|
|Skyrim:The Only Cure||10 December, 2011 - 21 February, 2012|
|Lore:Vivec (god)||20 November, 2011 - 10 December, 2011|
|Oblivion:The Path of Dawn||16 October, 2011 - 20 November, 2011|
|Shivering:Syl||30 July, 2011 - 16 October, 2011|
|Daggerfall:Journey to Aetherius||30 June, 2011 - 30 July, 2011|
|Morrowind:Vivec||30 May, 2011 - 30 June, 2011|
|Books:The Infernal City||28 April, 2011 - 30 May, 2011|
|Shivering:Golden Saint||January 2011 - April 2011|
|Shadowkey:Glacier Crawl||November 2010 - January 2011|
|Morrowind:Seyda Neen||October 2010 - November 2010|
|Lore:Septim Dynasty||July 2010 - October 2010|
|Oblivion:Janus Hassildor||May 2010 - July 2010|
|Oblivion:Arcane University||February 2010 - May 2010|
|Lore:Black Marsh||December 2009 - February 2010|
|Oblivion:Rosethorn Hall||October 2009 - December 2009|
|Oblivion:Adanrel||May 2009 - October 2009|
|Oblivion:Creatures||January 2009 - May 2009|
|General:Playing DOS Installments under DOSBox||November 2008 - January 2009|
|Morrowind:Armor Artifacts||September 2008 - November 2008|
|Oblivion:Houses||July 2008 - September 2008|
|Oblivion:Artifacts||June 2008 - July 2008|
|Oblivion:Traps||May 2008 - June 2008|
|Oblivion:Classes||October 2007 - May 2008|
|Lore:Daedric Alphabet||November 2006 - October 2007|
|Lore:Khajiit||August 2006 - November 2006 (revoked August 2011)|
Nominations and Votes
Looking through the archives, I'm actually surprised this article has not been nominated at all in the past. It's very well written and well laid out. Each war is well-described, both those that do and don't have their own dedicated articles. I feel the only thing that the article still could use is mention of the Planemeld (since the Oblivion Crisis is listed), but even without it, it still meets the requirements of FA status.
- Support: As nominator. Schiffy(Talk) 04:05, 22 October 2015 (UTC)
- Comment: It definitely looks like a lot of effort has been put into this list. However, it's not really an article.. it just lists the historical events. So I'm unsure whether to support or oppose. Tib (talk) 12:37, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
- Support: If something as silly and subjective as a list of Easter Eggs can become a Featured Article, then I see no reason why an educational (from a Tamrielic perspective anyway) and well sourced list of major conflicts can't be a Featured Article. This is an excellent article, in my opinion. -damon talk ♥ contribs 20:44, 22 April 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: I've been hesitating on this because the individual entries are very good, but I just feel like this article isn't a finished product. It seems like a strange combination of both a timeline of major wars and a full description of each, which leads to an excessively long page. I'd almost propose to split it. —Legoless (talk) 21:34, 17 May 2016 (UTC)
I may just be biased towards Morrowind-based characters, but Almalexia is one of my favorite characters, being of the Tribunal and close to Nerevar, who I am always pointing out is my favorite person to study as a Tamrielic historian. Here is a well sourced and informative article on the Lady of Mercy, the wife of Lord Nerevar, a lover of Vivec's after his death, and the main antagonist to Tribunal who attempted to kill her reincarnated lover, the Nerevarine. I love this article, so let's add another to the list of articled queued up to eventually be voted on!
- Support: -damon talk ♥ contribs 20:44, 22 April 2016 (UTC)
- Support: While I don't normally vote on lore articles as I don't know enough to judge what makes a good lore piece. This one is a good and interesting read. Biffa (talk) 10:45, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support: A good, lengthy, detailed lore article about a deity always has a place on the FA list, in my opinion. Schiffy(Talk) 21:18, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
This is an excellent item page. Not only does it contain all the basic information a reader would want to know about the item, it also includes the backstory associated with it. The image of the item from where it appears in-game is a nice touch as well. The bow is a rather obscure item too so featuring this article may provide some new information to even those who are fairly familiar with Skyrim.
- Support: As nominator. Forfeit (talk) 21:07, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
- Comment: I'm not really sure what our history of item pages being featured articles is. That aside, being a single-situation item, the article is very short, possibly too short. Unfortunately, it can only really remain that way since any more information wouldn't be relevant to the item itself. I can't quite decide one way or the other, myself. Schiffy(Talk) 14:46, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: Well written/good use of quality images. Visually the page looks unbalanced with all the writing above the related quest subheader, moving the second paragraph below this could help. Needs leveled stats section. Biffa (talk) 10:25, 15 May 2016 (UTC)