|County Kvatch, on the Gold Coast
Early history of Kvatch is present in Rislav The Righteous, wherein it states that the kingdoms of Kvatch and Skingrad were at a time of rivalry during the fifth century, until ending their skirmishing in 1E 472. Kvatch was under rule of King Justinius during this time, whose daughter Belene was wed to Prince Rislav of Skingrad, presumably to make peace between the two kingdoms. Towards the end of the fifth century, The Kings of the Colovian West joined with Kvatch and Skingrad to resist the Alessian army and its Reform.
Sources show it was a major settlement when sacked by the Camoran Usurper in the 3E 249. During this assault, Antus Pinder led the defense of the city, and despite being defeated gravely, was given a statue in Kvatch to remember his courage and spirit.
The most recent ruling family of Kvatch is the Goldwine lineage. An unknown act caused the death of both sons of Count Haderus Goldwine in 3E 432, causing a short period of unrest in Kvatch. In the year 3E 433, the city was under the rule of Ormellius Goldwine when, not long after the assassination of Uriel Septim VII, the city was sacked and destroyed by the Daedra as the opening move in the Oblivion Crisis, leaving Kvatch with no count.
At the opening of the Fourth Era, following its liberation from the Daedra, the city was uninhabited and only the chapel and castle remain standing. The city had been rebuilt by the time the Great War broke out in 4E 171.
 Quests Starting Here
The quests here are all part of the main quest line.
- Breaking the Siege of Kvatch: You must help defeat the Daedra invaders and end the siege of Kvatch.
- The Battle for Castle Kvatch: Try to save the Count of Kvatch, and rid the city of any remaining Daedra. (side quest of "Breaking the Siege of Kvatch")
 Related Quests
- Find the Heir: Head to Kvatch to find the last heir.
- Allies for Bruma: You are asked to bring in reinforcements for Bruma from the other towns.
- Restoration Master Training: A master healer will only train you if you save her city.