Oblivion:Cloud Ruler Temple
|Console Location Code(s)|
|CloudRulerTempleExterior, CloudRulerTempleExterior02, CloudRulerTempleEastWing, CloudRulerTempleGreatHall, CloudRulerTempleWestWing, CloudRulerTempleArmory|
|North of Bruma|
Cloud Ruler Temple is a fortress northwest of Bruma (quest-specific). If you take the road north from the northwestern gate in Bruma you will reach the main gate to the Temple, after you travel up a short winding road.
It was built by Reman Cyrodiil's Akaviri Dragonguard at the founding of the Second Empire. Until the end of the Third Era, it served as the headquarters of the emperor's bodyguard: the Dragonguard and the Blades. It is one of the most dramatic remaining examples of Akaviri architecture, located high in the Jerall Mountains near Bruma. Before bringing Jauffre and Martin to the temple during the main quest, the main gate will be locked and requires a key to enter. Upon joining the Blades, taking items in the temple is not considered stealing. There are also stables, holding a free horse, and a practice area in the courtyard of the temple. Watching the two Blades sparring here, Fortis and Pelagius, results in a free skill boost: 2-point bonuses to your Blade and Block skills.
 The Great Hall
The ceiling of the Great Hall is decorated with Akaviri Katanas. There are two katanas set apart from the others above the fireplace. One of those belonged to Glenroy, one of the Blades met in the Tutorial who dies just before the Emperor, and the other to Captain Renault, the first Blade to die in the game. If Baurus dies at any point and you talk to Jauffre with Baurus's Akaviri Katana in your hand Jauffre will say something nice about Baurus, then he will take Baurus's katana to a place on the wall above the fire place next to Glenroy's and Captain Renault's. The athletics skill book Beggar can be found on a shelf in this room.
 The East Wing
In the East Wing, there is a small library with a number of books, including the sneak skill book Legend of Krately House. There is also a dining room area and a desk with novice alchemy equipment, including a retort, alembic, calcinator, and a mortar and pestle, as well as a few ingredients. An armory with weapons and armor (Blades armor is heavy armor) is located at the bottom of the stairs next to the exit into the courtyard. In this room, there is also a chest, labelled "Armory," which is the only one in this temple that won't respawn and is safe for long-term storage.
 The West Wing
The general sleeping quarters is in the downstairs portion of the West Wing, which also features an exit into the courtyard. The upstairs portion includes an extra room with unusable bed and Martin's quarters.
|Cloud Ruler Temple|
 Quests Starting Here
- The Path of Dawn: You must return to Baurus in the Imperial City to try to track down the stolen Amulet of Kings.
- Spies: Track down those that have been spying on Cloud Ruler Temple.
- Blood of the Daedra: Locate a Daedric artifact for Martin.
- Bruma Gate: Help the Bruma guard close an Oblivion Gate just outside the city.
- Allies for Bruma: You are asked to bring in reinforcements for Bruma from the other towns.
- Blood of the Divines: Recover the blood of a god for Martin.
- Miscarcand: Recover a Great Welkynd Stone for Martin.
- Defense of Bruma: Let a Great Oblivion Gate open outside of Bruma.
- Paradise: Enter Mankar's Paradise, and retrieve the Amulet of Kings.
- Light the Dragonfires: Escort Martin to the Temple of the One... but will you be able to crown him Emperor?
 Related Quests
- Weynon Priory: Return to the Priory with Martin.
- Dagon Shrine: Find and infiltrate the Mythic Dawn's shrine.
- Great Gate: Find the Great Sigil Stone and close the Great Gate before a Daedric siege engine invades Tamriel!
- You can enter the Temple before starting the Main Quest by attacking the patrolling Blade on the battlements with a staff, distance spell or arrows. He and the Blade guarding the Temple's front door will come rushing out to you, leaving the gates wide open. The entrances to the main hall and both wings will still be sealed however. Killing the attacking Blades will provide a full set of Blades armor.
- Cloud Ruler Temple West Wing
- Cloud Ruler Temple Great Hall
- Cloud Ruler Temple East Wing