The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- How fast you move in the game world.
 Character Creation
The starting values for Speed vary by race and gender:
The following classes receive a +10 Bonus to Speed:
- Assassin, Barbarian, Nightblade, Rogue, Scout, Thief
- The Birthsign of The Steed grants an additional 25 points in Speed.
- Since there is no fast-traveling via the map in Morrowind, a higher Speed skill can reduce the time to travel from location to location.
- Speed also increases the distance covered when jumping forward, allowing a player with a high Speed value to jump over larger gaps without the need for magic effects such as Levitate or Jump