Successful Attack: +1.0
The Hand-to-hand skill is the martial art of unarmed combat. Hand-to-hand attacks damage only the Fatigue of a standing opponent, but they damage Health when a target has been knocked unconscious by Fatigue loss.
The following races receive bonuses to their Hand-to-hand skill:
The following classes have Hand-to-hand as a Major skill:
The following classes have Hand-to-hand as a Minor skill:
The Master Trainer of Hand-to-Hand is Taren Omothan at Holamayan Monastery. The only other notable trainer is Caius Cosades at his house in Balmora (up to 70). See Hand-to-hand Trainers for the complete list.
The following books will increase your Hand-to-Hand skill:
Only the Quarra Clan vampires include Hand-to-hand as one of their favored skills.
- If the punch that reduces a foe's fatigue to 0 is in the back they will be knocked out longer.
- Your fists are NOT a normal weapon, and will do full damage to undead and werewolves.
- Beast races will use hand-to-hand differently; they use a different stance and scratch with their claws instead of punching (similar to what werewolves do) but they will still damage fatigue.
- When in the form of a werewolf from the Bloodmoon expansion, your Hand-to-hand attacks damage your target's health, rather than their fatigue.
- When your target is paralyzed, your Hand-to-hand attacks damage your target's health, rather than their fatigue.
- Effects such as Absorb Fatigue and Damage Fatigue provide obvious advantages in a Hand-to-hand fight, but so can Burden and Damage Strength. Enemies rendered immobile by Damage Strength will still try in vain to run towards you, resulting in rapid fatigue loss and making them easier to knock out.
- When fighting a land-based opponent in the ocean or in a shallow pool of standing water, rendering them unconscious will subsequently cause them to start drowning; as they will be out of breath and will become submersed. Obviously, this will deliver a large degree of added damage allowing you to effectively drown your opponents using hand-to-hand.