(Click on any item for details)
Resist Frost M% for D seconds
Increase the target's resistance to Frost Damage. A target with 50% Resist Frost will effectively half any frost damage it takes. All frost damage is nullified at 100%. The resist frost effect must be applied before frost damage, so if for any reason they are combined into a single effect, the target will take full frost damage.
It is possible, although unnecessary, to have a higher than 100% resistance to frost. The most common ways are through potions and enchanted items. It can be raised through Weakness to Magic, but only if a negative effect is applied in the same spell as the Resist Frost, as positive effects alone are not affected by Weakness to Magic effects.
- The Frost Ring provides 100% Resist Frost.
- This effect is not normally available as a spell. However, it is possible to gain access to it through special racial powers, in which case custom spells can be created. The only race that provides access to Resist Frost are Nords.
- This effect is also available from Doomstones, in particular from the Lord Stone's greater power, Ysmir's Scales.
 See also
- Resistances and Weaknesses: General information on how resistances and weaknesses interact.
- Frost Damage, Frost Shield, Weakness to Frost
- Resist Disease, Resist Fire, Resist Magic, Resist Normal Weapons, Resist Paralysis, Resist Poison, Resist Shock
 Alchemy Ingredients
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Resist Frost: