(Click on any item for details)
Absorb Health M points
Transfer M points of Health per second from the target to the spellcaster for D seconds. The total health transferred is MxD points. On the target, the effect is comparable to Damage Health; on the spellcaster the effect is comparable to Restore Health.
- Only "On Touch" absorb spells are possible, even at the spellmaking altar.
- Despite the availability of Absorb Health for custom enchanting on Bows, the range limitation inherent in Absorb effects makes the effect largely useless. The Marksman must be very close for the Absorb effect to apply at all, thereby defeating the purpose of using a Bow at all. The maximum range is currently unknown. There are no patches known which address this issue.
- The Absorb Health effect is more magicka-efficient than separate spells for damaging your opponent's health and restoring your own: the base cost of Absorb Health is 16, versus a total of 22 for the other two effects (10 for Restore Health plus 12 for Damage Health).
- You can easily kill multiple enemies using this effect if you add an area of effect to it; you are healed for every single enemy affected within the spell's area.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells only.
 See also
- Drain vs Damage vs Absorb: A comparison of these similar effects.
- Restore vs Fortify vs Absorb: A comparison of these similar effects.
- Damage Health, Drain Health, Fortify Health, Restore Health
- Absorb Attribute, Absorb Fatigue, Absorb Magicka, Absorb Skill