(Click on any item for details)
Frost Damage M points for D seconds
Use frost to damage the target's health by M points each second for D seconds (total damage MxD points). Frost damage is not decreased by Armor. It is reduced by Frost Shield and Resist Frost; it is enhanced by Weakness to Frost.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells, or choosing the Nord race.
- Frost Damage is one of the enchantments available for making a custom mage's staff (it is also found on random generic staves).
- Frost damage has a Fog projectile, as opposed to a Bolt like Shock Damage or a Ball like Fire Damage; Unlike the other two elemental damage effects, the Area of a Frost Damage spell dictates the size of the actual projectile, not simply the size of the explosion upon impact, and all targets caught inside the projectile's flight path will be affected by the Frost Damage. The projectile fog also lingers for a short time after impact, damaging anything that passes through it. This makes Frost Damage the most effective way to damage as many foes as possible with one cast.
- In general, Frost Damage is ineffective against the undead, GrummitesSI, and Nord NPCs. Frost damage is most effective against Flame Atronachs, Dark SeducersSI, and Spider Daedra. See Creature Resistances for a complete summary of weaknesses and resistances to Frost Damage.
- Frost bolts dissipate after traveling through the air for a few seconds. The farther the bolt goes, the less damage it does upon contact. This makes killing with frost spells difficult from a distance greater than 80 to 100 feet. This is also true for custom spells combining multiple effects if frost is the dominant effect. The entire projectile may vanish completely far sooner than any other would.
 See also
 Alchemy Ingredients
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a poison of Frost Damage: