The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Ayleid Wells Fortify Magicka by 50 points for five minutes and restore 400 points of Magicka. Each one can be re-used after it recharges at midnight. There are thirty-five ayleid wells in Oblivion (see all of them on the ).
- Anutwyll, North of Bravil .
- Wenyandawik, northwest of Bravil .
- West of Kvatch .
- West of Fort Linchal, north of Kvatch .
- North of Sandstone Cavern, south of Fort Linchal .
- Due west of Skingrad, due east of Miscarcand, and south of Cursed Mine .
- Northeast of Goblin Jim's Cave .
- East of Derelict Mine and Skingrad on the Gold Road .
- Northwest of Fallen Rock Cave, east of Talwinque .
- Southwest of Fort Empire and due west of the Imperial City, on a path leading west away from the Red Ring Road .
- South of Fort Virtue .
- Northeast of Cracked Wood Cave, south of Nornal .
- Immediately northeast of Wellspring Cave and Fort Magia, due east of the Imperial City .
- Vilverin .
- Culotte .
- Between Sercen and The Roxey Inn .
- Southwest of Bruma, northwest of Bleaker's Way, on the Orange Road .
- Northeast of Cheydinhal, southeast of Fanacas .
- Northwest of Hero Hill, east-southeast of Cheydinhal .
- West of Belda .
- At the junction between the Red Ring Road and the Yellow Road .
- Sardavar Leed .
- West of Onyx Caverns, east of Veyond .
- Northeast of Tidewater Cave, southwest of Fort Blueblood .
- East of Niryastare, west of Fort Hastrel .
- Southeast of Nornalhorst .
- Ondo .
- Southwest of Mackamentain .
- Mackamentain .
- Northeast of Atatar .
- Northwest of Fort Gold-Throat .
- West of Nenyond Twyll, southwest of Fort Roebeck .
- West of Wenyandawik, east of Fort Black Boot .
- South of Azura's Shrine, west of Lord Rugdumph's Estate .
- West of Boethia's Shrine, east of Drakelowe .
- When using an Ayleid Well, the game acts as if you cast the Fortify Magicka spell, meaning that it contributes to your Restoration experience and that the magnitude of the magicka bonus is affected by your Spell Effectiveness. For this reason, it is best to remove all armor you're wearing just before activating the well to get the most Magicka (at 95% Spell Effectiveness you will receive 47 Magicka).
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Sometimes wells will not recharge at the correct time, but will begin displaying green sparkles again as though it were working correctly. Trying to use the well, however, will display the message "A drained well recharges slowly."