|• People • Travel • Notes • Maps • Quests • Homes • Around Seyda Neen •|
|Region: Bitter Coast|
Seyda Neen is a small, Imperial-owned port town in the Bitter Coast region, bordering the Ascadian Isles. Its population is made up of a few commoners and several guards as well as a few rogue travelers who frequent it from time to time. The town also houses two unique buildings, found nowhere else on Vvardenfell: the lighthouse Grand Pharos at the harbor mouth, a beacon to mariners throughout the Inner Sea, and the Census and Excise Office, where most visitors are processed. Though no boats offer travel, Imperial cutters use the dock as a restocking point to control smuggling and pirate ships running the waters off the Bitter Coast. Silt Striders provide convenient travel as far north as Gnisis.
Seyda Neen is especially significant as the starting point, where the player begins aboard a clipper in the port and where the main quest is begun.
 Census & Excise Office and Warehouse
Socucius Ergalla is the chief agent in the Imperial Census and Excise Offices. In addition to helping select class and sign, Socucius will provide release papers and training. There is a bedroll that can be used if a safe resting spot is needed.
The key to the Warehouse, which can be obtained from a shelf in the second building, grants access to the Warehouse across the street which holds armor, weapons, sundries and valuable illegal goods. Training is offered by Adraria Vandacia upstairs in the Warehouse.
 Arrille's Tradehouse
The Tradehouse is the location of the sole merchant in Seyda Neen, Arrille. He offers a selection of weapons, armor, spells, potions, and scrolls. The tavern upstairs functions as the social hub for Seyda Neen. Raflod the Braggart offers training and Hrisskar Flat-Foot has an early opportunity to make money. Behind the counter, Elone will give detailed directions to Balmora and offers training, but only to members of the Blades.
For a complete list, see the People in Seyda Neen article.
 Getting There & Around
The clipper the game began aboard was a one-way ticket to Vvardenfell; there are no boats offering passage here. However, with the Firemoth plug-in, a boat appears for transportation to the island and back, but it is gone after the quest is completed. Transportation from Seyda Neen to other locations on the island is handled by Darvame Hleran, located at the Silt Strider on the northeastern edge of town. A good road east of town leads to Pelagiad, Balmora, Ebonheart, and into the Ascadian Isles. A trail northwest leads into the swamps of the Bitter Coast and Hla Oad.
- Outside the Lighthouse, an iron shardaxe lies inside a tree stump. Another stump close to the walkway holds a silver cup and some gold.
- For detailed starting tips, see Starting out hints.
 Places of Interest around Seyda Neen
- Just north of the Silt Strider is Addamasartus, a smugglers' cave where new players can test their combat abilities and acquire loot that can be sold for profit.
- The useful Mentor's Ring can be found in the Samarys Ancestral Tomb nearby, to the northwest up the coast.
- If you decide to walk to Balmora, there are a few things to explore on the way. See The Road to Balmora for details.
- Vandacia's Bounty: Collect the bounty on a tax lady in Seyda Neen.
- Land Deed: Save a woman's home by robbing the Vivec Library.
- Fargoth's Ring: Return a missing ring and win favor with the owner and his friends.
- Fargoth's Hiding Place: Find out where good ol' Fargoth is hiding his money.
- Vodunius Nuccius: Help a fellow who's down on his luck raise the funds to get home.
- Death of a Taxman: Investigate the murder of a tax collector in Seyda Neen.
- Siege at Firemoth: Battle an army of skeletons to recover an ancient shield.