Morrowind:Kill the Telvanni Councilors
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Trebonius Artorius at the Guild of Mages in Vivec for duties.
- Kill all the Telvanni councilors:
- Return to Trebonius Artorius.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Trebonius Artorius in the Vivec Guild of Mages will give you this quest only if you have solved the Mystery of the Dwarves and finished the Main Quest. The request is strange, but simple, requiring you to merely kill all of the Telvanni councilors (since you've done the Main Quest you should know where they all are). Be warned since killing Master Aryon will prevent you from becoming Arch Magister of House Telvanni.
 The Telvanni Councilors
The councilors, in brief, are:
Of course these are all powerful mages and many of them well guarded, so it's not an easy task, but one that you're probably up to at this point.
- You could save yourself the trouble and just kill Trebonius instead, still receiving the same reward; but missing the items from the councilors. Since he has no further quests for you, there is no downside to doing this – provided you get him to attack you first by using a Frenzy spell or taunting him. (Otherwise you could end up kicked out of the guild for attacking a fellow member.) This may be the preferred method for those who choose to join both the Mages Guild and House Telvanni.
- If you choose to become Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild by challenging Trebonius for his title, you can kill him legally without taunts, in the nice and open space of the Arena, and take all his belongings.
- You do not have to kill Baladas Demnevanni for this quest, even if you are a member of House Telvanni and have convinced him to join the council.
- There is a minor bug associated with this quest, in that there are two IDs, MG_KillTelvanni and MG_Telvanni. The one that's actually used for the quest is MG_KillTelvanni, but in Trebonius' greeting, there is a check for MG_Telvanni. (The quest name is also different: "Kill All Telvanni Councilors".) It appears only if the quest stage is ≥10 and <100, a condition which will never occur, because no script ever increases the stage for this quest ID. It is also checked when you ask Trebonius for more duties after finishing this quest, so he will continue saying that House Telvanni needs to be taken care of, even after you finish this quest.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
- The completion of this quest is not considered canon, as at least one of the councilors, Neloth, is known to have survived.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
*These entries never actually appear in your journal. See the Notes above.
|Prev: Mystery of the Dwarves||Up: Mages Guild Quests||Next: None|