|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Trebonius Artorius (trebonius artorius)|
|Home City||Vivec, Foreign Quarter|
|Location||Guild of Mages|
|Faction(s)||Mages Guild (Arch-Mage)|
Trebonius Artorius is an Imperial battlemage, and the Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild in Vvardenfell. He is generally regarded as somewhat of a joke by the rest of the Guild; while he is an outstanding Battlemage, his ability to lead the guild is somewhat lacking. This is even more apparent when one encounters the strange quests he offers (Mystery of the Dwarves and Kill the Telvanni Councilors) as well as a certain quest from Ranis Athrys about a Spy in the Mages Guild. He's also the man to see if you've been expelled from the Mages Guild. Talk to him and he'll state that you need to "reflect on what you have done". Wait about 7-14 days and he will let you come back into the Mages Guild.
Despite his shortcomings as a leader Trebonius has a wide array of powerful spells. The battlemage also has his own Trebonius' Staff that has some nasty enchantments on it.
 Quests Given
- Mystery of the Dwarves: Discover what really happened to the Dwemer.
- Kill the Telvanni Councilors: A strange request from the Arch-Mage to kill all the Telvanni councilors.
 Related Quests
- Catch a Spy: Search for a Telvanni spy who has infiltrated the Guild.
- A Wizard's Staff: Procure a Wizard's Staff required for the rank of Wizard.
- Arch-Mage: Your final quest to replace Trebonius as the guildmaster of the Mages Guild.
- Trebonius is one of the most prominent NPCs to be affected by the Moving NPCs glitch. In patched versions of the game, a script runs repeatedly to see if he has been affected by this problem. It moves him back to his starting point if he becomes inaccessible.