Skyrim talk:Quest Items
|Archive 1: Nov 2011 – Feb 2012|
 Gauldur Amulet Fragment fix
There are actually three items called Gauldur Amulet Fragment. One has Fortify Stamina +30, one has Fortify Health +30, and one has Fortify Magicka +30. I'd fix this myself, but since the current list has the three addresses and I have no way of knowing which is which, I'll need to leave this to someone on PC. Mdh 11:30, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Edit: All 3 fragments are used ina quest where you combine them together to make Gauldur's Amulet which has all 3 enchants on one amulet. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 21:57 on 4 March 2012
 The Jagged Crown
 Glitch: Lost items?
Okay, so I had a large bounty in Riften (due to assassinations for the Dark Brotherhood) and I decided rather than pay my bounty, I'd head to jail. I don't particularly like searching through jails, or going there, but I figured it was the easiest way to get rid of my bounty. Anyway, I unloaded all the items I could on Lydia/at home, and then traveled to Riften where I was given the thieves guild fee, go to jail, or fight. I chose to go to jail.
Now here's the glitch: I had a bunch of quest items with me: Torygg's horn, 2 unusual gems, a Gauldur fragment (magicka), and some more that I can't remember. Since I couldn't get rid of them, I figured that the guards couldn't either. When I was in jail, I looked through my inventory and the items were nowhere to be found. Then I lockpicked out and checked the evidence and prisoner belongings chests. They were both empty. I can't find my items. Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking I'll just restore my previous save.
TL;DR: Got jailed, quest items disappeared
- Hm, it's been reported on another page (second-to-last bug), along with elsewhere on the internet. No known solution from what I can see. --Velyanthe 00:23, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
 The Labyrinth
Has anyone else had a problem with the staves receiving a fraudulent quest item status?Chronic 23:09, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
 Quest Item doesn't match picture
|000946fc||2 Hand Greatsword||17||None|
Damage 23 in picture, 17 in Quest Item.
--DayDreamer 04:03, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Weapon damage depends on what perks and skill level the player has. The picture has a cleanup tag on it to remove the UI too, so it will be irrelevant soon enough. (Eddie The Head 08:01, 31 March 2012 (UTC))
 Ghorbash's Ancestral Axe
This item is not in the game - In the Creation Kit, the only container that contains the axe is the QAWeaponContainer. The only location of the QAWeaponContainer is in a cell called QASmoke. The QASmoke cell is some sort of testing cell with a container for (I guess) every known item in the game. Thought maybe the main page should indicate this. Grey 20:05, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, if you look at the Use Info, it says the axe is both in that container and in the cell DushnikhYalLonghouse. You are correct in that QASmoke, etc. are all test-related, and yes, it has all in-game items. Vely►Talk►Email 20:15, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Check this out (courtesy of Mahnogard on the Bethsoft forums): the axe isn't in the game - it shows in the cell in the CK but if you look at it's properties (via the edit button), you'll notice it is "initially disabled" (not there) - the axe was presumably designed to spawn in relation to some favor quest (related to Ghorbash) that was never implemented. But, bottom line, if you use the coc command to go to the longhouse, it's not there - any game, any time. — Unsigned comment by Grey (talk • contribs) at 01:56 on 22 August 2012
 Lisbet's Dibella Statue
The item in here refers people to the talk page, but the discussion doesn't appear to be here anymore, and it has not been fixed in the actual article yet.220.127.116.11 19:04, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if the discussion really came up with a verifiable answer, but I fixed the link on the page since the discussion had been archived. ABCface◥ 12:54, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
 People fighting over a keg of mead
I've just found out that dropping the Black-Briar Mead Keg in the marketplace of Riften, people will get into a violent argument about it. I haven't been able to cause the same fight with dropping other valuable items, so it seems to be tied to that mead. Must be damn good stuff... WooShell 12:37, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
 Incorrect redirect
Looking up Mammoth Tusk Powder redirects here, even though that item is nowhere on this page. That listing should redirect to the Quest Items page. Can someone please fix that? I don't know how. --18.104.22.168 02:55, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, what's your problem? Mammoth Tusk Powder redirects to the Quest Items page, yes, specifically to the correct section of the page where it is. Powdered Mammoth Tusk also goes to its correct page. I'm not certain what you're asking for here, because the redirect works as intended. Vely►t►e 03:01, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
 Ring of Pure Mixtures
 Gharol's Iron Sword
 Dawnguard Paragons
Should the paragons found on frost giants be moved to the Unique Items page? They aren't actually related to any quests, just unique items which are needed to access certain areas. — ABCface◥ 07:46, 21 October 2012 (GMT)
- I agree with your reasoning. They should be moved. --Xyzzy Talk 07:54, 21 October 2012 (GMT)
 Skyrim:StormCloak_Documents spelling?
- Yep. See ABCface◥ 05:55, 1 December 2012 (GMT)
- Thanks. Do you think it deserves a sic tag? I dunno. Just caught my attention. --JR (talk) 06:03, 1 December 2012 (GMT)
 Separate IDs for quest vs non-quest version of item?
Are there separate IDs for quest vs non-quest version of an item, as in Oblivion (ie: Rockshatter 00014EC6 & 0000CF1F), or is the weightlessness of an item somehow dependent on the completed or uncompleted status of a quest stage. Of course this question is only in regard to those item which maybe kept after completion of a quest. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 11:02 on 3 December 2012
- No, it's just an internal flag that gets set and later removed, but the item and its ID stay the same. It's a flag in the quest alias for the item that makes it a quest item, when the quest ends the item is no longer a quest item. There are a few exceptions to that, like the Sigil Stone which gets replaced internally by a non-quest copy with the same base ID during the quest, but that's the big picture. --Alfwyn (talk) 12:40, 3 December 2012 (GMT)
 Adding Quest Items via console
Why is it that I can't add or remove certain quest items to my inventory? (A few examples include the elder scrolls, the aetherium quest from Dawnguard, and the larceny items from the thieves guild. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 05:46 on 17 December 2012
 Adding notes to often "stuck" quest items?
Would it be appropriate to add a short note to those quest items that most often get "stuck" in a player's inventory (ie. Attunement Sphere, Runed Lexicon)? This would make it easier for people to know how certain items may be or appear to be stuck. I know I have several of these items and had to look on various pages on the wiki to find why I was stuck with them. One example would be on the Attunement Sphere it would read "Cannot be dropped until all Blackreach entrances are opened." (with a link to Blackreach) For more complex issues, it would just say "See page if not droppable.", or "This bug prevents dropping." or something along those lines, where 'page' or 'bug' would be a link to the particular part of the appopriate page where the issue is described. What do people think of this idea? ~FiveCentFather (Ken N.) (talk) 21:35, 5 March 2013 (GMT)
- I think this would be useful to note on this page, as long as the note is succinct. I've avoided certain quests on newer walkthroughs that I know to cause issues with such items because it's a pet peeve of mine to have things stuck in my inventory like that, and I imagine a number of other players would find this information useful. Details should always be provided on the quest page itself, of course, but I think a short note on the items page is relevant. — ABCface◥ 01:55, 6 March 2013 (GMT)
 Beverages and Potions
(PS3 user) There are several beverage-related quest items not found in the list. They include Argonian Ale, Stros M'Kai Rum, Balmoral Blue, Dragon's Breath Mead, Double Distilled Skooma, and Esbern's Potion just to name a few. There are still others associated with quests (according to the food page) that aren't listed here, including Colovian Brandy, Jessica's Wine, and Mead with Juniper Berry. Personally, I think some of these might fit better on the unique items page, which also lacks a "food" section, but some clearly belong here. Opinions?MrC (talk) 21:57, 10 March 2013 (GMT)
After re-perusing the page, it occurred to me that this isn't necessarily a list of every quest item in the game. Rather, it's mostly a list of quest items that don't have other homes (or pages) of their own. In other words, I'd rather not see the food and beverages split up all over the site if it's a question of one page OR another page. I was originally thinking of dual locations. Still, maybe a note somewhere might be helpful.MrC (talk) 22:15, 10 March 2013 (GMT)
 Kahvozein's Fang doesn't level One-handed
It doesn't appear that Kahvozein's Fang levels the One-handed skill when you wield it. Seems like a bug to me. Can anybody verify this, and if so, should it be added to the appropriate notes section? --Xyzzy Talk 16:06, 5 May 2013 (GMT)