|# of Zones||3|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Draugr, Imperial Soldiers (if you side with the Stormcloaks), Stormcloak Soldiers (if you side with the Imperials)|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Korvanjund01, Korvanjund02, Korvanjund03|
|Northeast of Whiterun
South of Silverdrift Lair
|Word Wall||Slow Time|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
If you take sides in the civil war, you will be given the quest The Jagged Crown, in which you are told to retrieve the Jagged Crown for either Ulfric Stormcloak or Elisif the Fair, depending on whom you sided with. Korvanjund also contains a word wall that will teach you a word of the Slow Time shout (this word cannot be learned without starting the Jagged Crown quest).
 Related Quests
- The Jagged Crown (Imperial): Find the Jagged Crown for the Imperials.
- The Jagged Crown (Stormcloaks): Find this crown for Ulfric Stormcloak.
The exterior consists of a series of stairs and ledges within a deep ravine, with the entrance into Korvanjund Temple on the upper level at the south end. It is occupied by several bandits. On the lower level of the south end, below the entrance to the temple, is a master-locked gate securing an alcove. Within this alcove are two coin purses and an unlocked chest containing leveled loot.
 Zone 1: Korvanjund Temple
When you first enter, there is a cooking spit that you can use, along with a chest containing some loot. Further down is a large room with a collapsed ceiling, which has two levels, with a locked chest on the second level. In the main room with the raised walkway, you'll find a set of stairs that leads right to the middle of the room. Next to a chest in that room is a copy of the Light Armor skill book Jornibret's Last Dance. In the last room, there are several urns with loot.
 Zone 2: Korvanjund Halls
The path ahead splits in two. Behind the path with the swinging blades, you will find a small room with a chest. Following the other path leads to a large room. You will find a small table there with a dagger on a pedestal. When you remove the dagger, it will open a secret door leading to a small room with a chest. The chest has a spear trap, so be careful. The alcove at the end of the raised walkway has a switch which opens the gate in the large room.
 Zone 3: Korvanjund Crypt
The crypt is the centermost area of the temple. There is a leveled draugr boss wearing the crown. This is where you will find the word wall for a word of the Slow Time shout. Following the path further will lead to a shortcut to the beginning of the Korvanjund Temple area.
On the east side of the room, you may spot a couple of bowls placed higher than you can normally reach. They are both on stone shelves: one above a bookshelf, the other close to the stairs. They hold valuable loot in the form of gems, weapons, and a Spell Tome: Conjure Flame Atronach, and although they may be difficult to reach by jumping, they can be toppled through ranged attacks.
- You can open the gate with the dragon claw switch using the ebony claw and the combination of Fox—Moth—Dragon.
- The interior is blocked off by rubble if you attempt to enter the ruin prior to starting the Jagged Crown quest.
- On top of the barrow entryway, under a tree, is the treasure chest for Treasure Map VI, assuming that you have obtained the map.
- If the dragon claw door does not work, check here for possible fixes.
- One of the coin purses behind the locked gate in the exterior may be unobtainable.
- Sometimes the rubble blocking the path will not disappear even after beginning The Jagged Crown, preventing you from being able to complete the quest and the main story line.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|