|Your Voice is raw power, pushing aside anything - or anyone - who stands in your path.|
|Ro||Greater stagger effect||20|
Unrelenting Force is a shout that pushes objects and entities. Weak versions of the shout stagger enemies and slightly push objects, while the strongest version will throw objects a great distance and turn enemies into a ragdoll, briefly rendering them helpless.
After completing the quest inside the black book Epistolary Acumen there are three abilities to choose from. One of them, Dragonborn Force, increases the damage output of Unrelenting Force, and there is a chance of disintegrating enemies when using all three words, if your foe's health is low enough.
 Related Quests
- Bleak Falls Barrow: Retrieve the Dragonstone.
- The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller: Retrieve a Greybeard artifact from Ustengrav.
- The Way of the Voice: Meet the Greybeards.
 Possible Uses
- This shout can be useful when fighting an enemy who can be pushed off a high location: falling damages and kills NPCs easier than they do you.
- The shout can also be used to open draugr tombs that lie on the ground in dungeons (though not those propped against walls).
- This shout can be used to detonate rune traps and tripwires from a safe distance.
- Fall damage is not applied to the victim until a few seconds after the target has come to a complete stop, right before they start getting back up. As such, you may find that an opponent may appear to spontaneously die with no apparent explanation after surviving a fall.
- Even with all three words of this shout and the Force Without Effort perk you can only stagger a dragon; it is impossible to make a living dragon ragdoll. This same immunity also applies to Dwarven automatons, mammoths, and a myriad of other enemies in Skyrim, likely because they are too large or too heavy.
- This is the most commonly used shout by draugr, often making you ragdoll, with the illusion that you have died. To distinguish this ragdoll from real death, look for the pulsing red hue on your screen; if it is not there, you're fine. If it is there, either you are close to death, or have already died. For death, the game will abruptly cut music and replace it with a somber tone, revealing another giveaway.
- Ward spells (including the ward created by blocking with Spellbreaker) completely negate the effects of draugr's Unrelenting Force shout on the player and thus prevent the ragdoll effect.
 Word Wall Translation
|Fus||HET NOK F1L V4LOK
D2NM1R DO DOVA4GOLZ
4RK 1N FUS DO UNSL1D
R4GOL 4RK VULOM
|Here lies the guardian
Keeper of (the) dragonstone
And a force of unending
Rage and darkness
|HET NOK FaaL VahLOK
DeiNMaaR DO DOVAahGOLZ
ahRK aaN FUS DO UNSLaaD
RahGOL ahRK VULOM
- When using the third word of Unrelenting Force against giants, their dead bodies may become awkwardly placed and impossible to loot. This happens shortly after their death, and can sometimes be foretold if, on their death, they are stiff and do not follow the expected ragdoll physics.