Oblivion talk:Allies for Bruma
|Archive 1: April 2006 to December 2009|
 Where is she?
I was doing the main quest in oblivion and I was trying to get bravil to help bruma but when I went to talk to the countress she was not in her room but on the map marker it says she is in the corner and there is nobody what do I do? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 10 January 2010
 Strange solider at the Leyawiin gate
I closed the Leyawiin gate a while ago, and I just noticed that there is a Leyawiin guard standing where the gate used to be. He has a very strange-looking face with a non-moving mouth, doesn't arrest me, doesn't move, and has no weapon or shield. I also can't seem to damage him, but otherwise he has the same dialogue as a normal guard (except "Directions"). Is this a glitch or is he supposed to be there? --184.108.40.206 02:22, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
I think it's a glitch. He was there right after I closed this gate in my game too. After I saw your post, I went back to look for him, but there was a dead paint horse in his place. 220.127.116.11 21:56, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
I found this soldier too (but he did have the "Directions" dialogue option). I'm not sure what he's doing there, but he looks like he's supposed to be sleeping... 18.104.22.168 21:14, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
 moved from article
- If you completed Corruption and Conscience and then complete this quest, the imprisoned Ulrich Leland may have bugged dialogue (as though he was sent to Bruma) and the Cheydinhal guards may fine you as though you haven't completed Corruption and Conscience yet (fines x 1.5). Confirmation on the prevalence of this bug after Defense of Bruma needed (Author will try to verify this a.s.a.p).
This needs a VN tag and may be a one-off so I put it here so if anyone can pledge to this, post it here and it will be re-added.--Corevette789 16:44, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
i had the same problem but i had a dead painted horse inside and then out
 Where, oh where, is Ulrich Leland?
This page mentions that Ulrich Leland can be enlisted to help Bruma, but there is no mention here or on his character page where to find him or even where his room is! Can someone please add this information to the appropriate page? 22.214.171.124 21:52, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
- Such information should eventually be at the NPC page, but since adding all possible locations for NPCs is a long tedious editing process no editor gotten around to it yet.
- You don't need to find Ulrich though, if you complete the quest for the count Ulrich will automatically be sent, provided you did not finish his associated quest. --Timenn-<talk> 13:30, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
 Need Help
Doing the Allies for Bruma Quest in the Leyawin oblivion gate. When I reach the sigil spire I cannot interact with the sigil stone itself. There is not even a hand icon indicating that it is there. Its as if The game doesn't realize my cursor is on it. This is a difficult issue because this may interfere with me completing the main quest. Any help or response would be greatly appreciated. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 03:26 on 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- That's a known bug with Sigil Stones. If I recall correctly, you have to reload from before entering the tower. Try just plain reloading, though, in case I'm wrong about that. – Robin Hood↝talk 04:01, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
 Can't complete "allies for Bruma"
Hello, I cant complete the cheydinnal part since i've killed the counts son and he still refuses to speak to me.. The annoying part is that i cant tell him the oblivion gate has been closed, and therefore cant complete the quest.
Anyone knows what to do? (188.8.131.52 14:41, 24 November 2010 (UTC))
I have closed every gate near major cities, however when I went to talk to the count of Bravil before and after I had closed his gate he refused help because of the death of his captain. I've done it multiple times and it doesn't register with the quest, I've even tried killing him and it still doesn't register, anybody have any ideas? 184.108.40.206 02:22, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
found a way to do it if anyone else is having the same problem. from the following link: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Allies_for_Bruma at the very last section named "Journal Entries" I got the code "setstage MQ11 26" then "setstage MQ11 43" and then last was "setstage MQ11 27" and that fixed it for me. hope it helps somebody 220.127.116.11 05:11, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
 Anvil Oblivion Gate Fails to Open
I've played through the game a number of times, and I've never seen anything like this before. I've completed the quests for Leyawiin, Bravil, and Skingrad as normal, with no problems whatsoever. Got to Anvil and looked up the gate, and it wasn't open. I spoke to the Countess and got her request to close the gate; people in town talk about it and say they're afraid of it; the map marker points to the Mara shrine, where the gate is supposed to open...but no gate. Anyone had this problem, or have a suggestion on how to get it to open? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 16:58 on December 13, 2010
- Sounds like a one time bug or something. There isn't a reason for it not to open... --DKong27 Talk Cont 22:11, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
--While I appreciate the prompt reply (promptness counts,) this was not helpful. I went back to an earlier save.
 Leyawiin gate leads to Random Oblivion World 2?
Numerous pages tell me the Leyawiin Oblivion Gate always leads to Random Oblivion World 3, but I ended up in Random Oblivion World 2; I can tell because the Sigil Keep is Portals of Natural Disaster, and the map has the same layout (7 towers, rather than 5). I have closed all gates except for the one near Skingrad and this one. --Horsedrowner 10:26, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
- The Leyawiin Oblivion Gate definitely always goes to world 3. If you ended up in a different world, you went into a different gate. rpeh •T•C•E• 10:41, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I just closed the gate, only to find another gate close by. Probably closed the wrong gate, then. Quest also didn't trigger. --Horsedrowner 10:42, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
 Before starting quest, civvies call me "Hero"
I've closed a few Gates that are right outside Chorrol and Bravil and Leyawiin, and the citizens there address as "Hero of Chorrol/Bravil/Leyawiin" whilst praising me for closing the Gates right outside town, though I haven't yet started Allies for Bruma. Is this dialogue related to the quest, or is it just triggered when gates are closed outside the cities? Predcon 07:56, 25 March 2011 (UTC)
 Petitioning The Guilds?
When Jauffre gives the player this quest, he states that you need to petition the other cities, guilds, and the Elder Council. Obviously you can ask for help from the cities and Council, but what of the guilds? Can you really get their help or is getting help from them just having the particular guild follower along with you during the Defense of Bruma? Just curious. 22.214.171.124 04:48, 13 April 2011 (UTC)Annlon
- Unfortunately no. as the page says here: "Although Jauffre suggests that you ask the guilds for help, there is no official way to get the guilds to send troops for this quest." --AKB Talk Cont Mail 05:09, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
 advanced quest glitch
I went into the gate outside of skinigrad to close it and the quest said i have 15 minutes to close the great gate the siege crawler was there and everything!what happened? (Timedragon1 14:58, 21 May 2011 (UTC))
- No idea, my first guess is a mod Wolfy 14:33, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- never modded i have the xbox version (Timedragon1 14:58, 21 May 2011 (UTC))
- That makes no sense at all.. is it the great gate world? Wolfy 15:01, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- well since the siege crawler is there and i have a time limet yes.I'm starting to think the game might of bugged it of my other profile though.Its bugged things out before.(Timedragon1 15:47, 21 May 2011 (UTC))
- Okay the way you worded it is that you where in the Skingdard oblivion gate and the Skingrad random word
- as for your other profile I'm going to say no its not that. its soemthing else
- any one have ideas? Wolfy 15:51, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
(←) The Skingrad Gate should always lead to Random Oblivion World 4. If it leads anywhere else it is becasue of something wrong in the game files. There is no reasonable explanation for why it would take you to The Great Gate. --DKong27 Talk Cont 16:45, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
 Chorrol Gate not closing
I'm playing the Xbox360 version of Oblivion and whenever I reach the top of Chorrols Oblivion realm (Portals of Natural Disaster) it doesn't let me take the sigil stone, meaning I can never close the gate... Is there any specific reason this might be happening? 126.96.36.199 14:09, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- Have you installed the game patches? Mine used to do this with the Bravil gate. If you have, try reloading before you entered the gate and try again. --Manic 14:21, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
 Oblivion teleport
So okay, im playing the PC version of oblivion, when I go to close the oblivion gate near anvil, everything seems dandy and fine, after searching for a entry way to the sigil keep I find nothing but a cavern, Once I exit the cavern I reach the sigil keep, take the sigil stone but to my suprise, it takes the stone but then it doesn't teleport, therefore resulting in the gate NOT CLOSING, I thought, maybe leaving the whole place would close it, no, it didn't instand I ended up exiting the oblivion gate near chorrol (considering I entered in anvil) help anyone ?
 closing the gates
Does anyone know, do you have to close all the gates on your own, or can you get the guards to help you? I really don't want to go in alone
- you have some people with you for some gates for the others its one your own (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 13:15, 2 August 2011 (UTC))
actually i've got a few more questons: It says in the quest briefing that you may be able to get help from the guilds. Is this actually possible? Which (if any) of the cities offer help to close the gates? and how many cities do you have to recruit before the Defence of Bruma quest?
forget the last question
 Anvil gate rocks?
After I entered the gate, an avalanche happened and the rocks were ghost-like. Is this just a glitch?
No, the physics on Oblivion just aren't very good. It's an old game and it's huge. Think how much time, money and effort it would have taken to make it perfect...
 Skingrad gate
The quest related Oblivion Gate that forms at Skingrad blocks the Wayshrine of Kyraneth, so blessings can no longer be received from this shrine afterward. The emitter for the blessing spell is buried beneath the gate itself and is not cleared after the gate is closed. 188.8.131.52 01:16, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
- According to this page, the wayshrine can still be activated. Try approaching it from another angle. If that still doesn't work, the information on the aforementioned linked page should be altered. Talk Wolok gro-Barok Contributions 18:20, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
 People of Anvil: Ignorant as ****
POSSIBLE CAUSES- Basically, during the "allies for bruma" quest, I spoke to the Count of Anvil and he asked me to shut the oblivion gate (indirectly). I left bravil to speak to another count thinking I wouldnt have to mess about with an oblivion gate, but I realised that this was needed for every city so I closed an oblivion gate for Bravil + Leyawin first before coming back to him.
PROBLEMS - I spoke to him again regarding the oblivion gate but the map marker didnt appear for the gate and it didnt come up as my current objective to close the bravil gate. I did it anyway, and I was ignored by the townspeople. Unfortunatley, he refuses to accept that I saved the City and keeps telling me to close the Damn gate!!! What can I do??
 No oblivion gate for any city
Due to some glitch I can't seem to find any oblivion gates near any city. Marked spots just guide me to shrines. Is there a possibility to place those gates via console? I found reference to anvil gate but when I'm placing it and when I'm entering it, it turns out to be ordinary oblivion gate.
 Regulus Terentius won't help
I closed the gate outside Bravil, but when I returned to the Count he said something about "With the death of Captain I don't remember his name, I need all my soldiers at home" and refuses to send aid. Is this a glitch? I'm playing on the Xbox 360 and nothing like this has ever happened to me before. 184.108.40.206 06:02, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- As the article says, Bravil won't send aid if Viera Lerus dies. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 06:05, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
 Skingrad Oblivion Gate Bridge Wont Extend
The skingrad oblivion gate sorrow keep bridge wouidnt extend for me because of some bug so i kept trying but failed every time and heaps of other people have had the same problem i got fed up with trying so i left the tower ground level and jumped across the lava to the brooded fortress and got the sigil stone and finished the oblivion gate. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 08:45 on 3 January 2012
 Aid for Bruma/The Wayward Knight
I closed the Oblivion gate for Cheydinhal and ignored the Wayward Knight quest and killed the count's son and now when I go to the count he will not speak to me about the aid just about how he should kill me for slaying his son. What do I do to beat the game? My last save was a few hours ago:( — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 02:31 on 31 May 2012
- I'm not sure why he won't talk to you at all. Try raising his disposition with a charm spell and see if that helps. – Robin Hood↝talk 21:24, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
 Quest Won't Start
I'm a level 13 player on PS3 and, after receiving the Bruma Gate quest from Martin, I went to Jauffre and he won't give me the quest. His entrance dialogue says something to the effect of "Go help the Bruma guards because they can't do it alone" and that's all he has to say on the matter. Note: while I was doing the Spies quest, I never met the Bruma Captain of the guards, I got information from the beggars around town. Is there ANY way for me to get this quest aside from trying to load an earlier game? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- If there is, I haven't heard of it. --Ratwar 02:55, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
 Help Please??
I am a Level 22 Redguard on xbox 360, and I am trying to move on to the next mission, because I heard you can, but Martin won't put on his armor. and I just can't skip it. Help ASAP please. — Unsigned comment by Leveler (talk • contribs) at 02:57 on 18 January 2013