(Click on any item for details)
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Sneak:
- Abecean Longfin
- Ashen Grass PodDB
- Beehive Husk
- Frost Mirriam
- Hawk Feathers
- Human Flesh
- Powdered Mammoth Tusk
- Purple Mountain Flower
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Fortify Sneak if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All varieties of Boots, Necklaces, and Rings of Sneaking
- Includes the enchantments of Minor Sneaking, of Major Sneaking, of Extreme Sneaking, of Eminent Sneaking, and of Peerless Sneaking.
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
Linwe's Boots can technically be disenchanted, allowing you to learn a special version of Fortify Sneak named Shadowstrength. However, Shadowstrength cannot be used to enchant any items because no enchanting slots are enabled for the effect.
- If you are enchanting for profit, fortify sneak provides the most lucrative enchantment that can be applied to apparel.
- A trick to leveling your smithing and enchanting skills while simultaneously making a lot of money can be to stock up on leather and leather strips, make a ton of leather bracers (for the record, you will need twice as many leather strips as you will leathers), enchant them with fortify sneak, and subsequently sell them. Wolves provide a constant and easily accessible source of both petty souls and wolf pelts - which can be converted into leather, which can in turn be converted into leather strips - for you to accomplish this goal.
- The enchantment version of this effect increases the likelihood of being detected, rather than decreasing it.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
 See Also