|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Just Northwest of Fort Amol along the White River.|
|# of Corundum||1|
There are two entrances into the abandoned prison. The first is the marked main entrance and is located along the White River as you approach Fort Amol. The second is a hidden exit underneath the bridge along the river just east of the main entrance. There is a hidden chest in the collapsed portions above the main entrance. On the river bank opposite the main entrance there is a Corundum Ore vein.
Entering the prison there is a large collapsed room with a small guard room. There is plenty of Hanging Moss to be harvested in the large circular room. There are lots of Imperial Armor and iron ingots to be found through out the complex. Proceeding into the main prison area ghosts will attack. At the end of the room is a table with the Abandoned Prison Key on it - make sure to get this or be prepared to use a lot of picks on expert and master locks. The western cells lead to another prison section and more ghosts. It also contains a few more guard rooms and a master locked chest that a key can open. In the corner cell of the main prison section is a flooded passageway that leads out to the secret exit underneath the bridge.
 Notable Loot
- The Two-handed skill book Song of Hrormir: Western jail section in the guardroom.
- Legend of the Red Eagle: Western jail section in the guardroom.
This unnamed Imperial prison was abandoned long ago as a strong storm surged the White River. The guards were ordered to execute the remaining prisoners or just leave them to drown as the prison flooded. The prisoners had devised a plan though to escape through a secret passageway to the river. There they would wait out the flood before fleeing. The exact events are unknown, but the number of skeletal remains found in locked cells suggests that the prisoners were left to drown. Those that attempted to escape through the passageway weren't any luckier as the exit was already entirely underwater and opening it only caused the river to flood in more.
- Fast traveling to the Abandoned Prison with a follower may cause that follower to appear on the river bank opposite the prison's main entrance, with no way of crossing the river itself.
- The prison is across the river from Treasure Map IX on Lucky Lorenz's corpse. His collapsed house can be seen from the top of the crumbling prison tower.
- East of the prison cells there is a room that can only be reached on the computer by using the 'tcl' console command. The room has no doors, and contains a bucket, a basket, a woodcutter's axe, a mug, and a chest.
- Followers may be unable to enter or exit Abandoned Prison through either of the prison's entrances.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Followers may be moved inside the prison using the console. Once the player is inside, use
prid <actor ID>(where <actor ID> is the follower's RefID) and then
moveto playerto select and move the follower next to the player. Followers moved inside the prison in this manner will need to be moved back outside afterwards, due to their inability to follow the player through either exit.