(Click on any item for details)
Frenzy up to level L for D seconds
Increases the target NPC's Aggression (i.e., its inclination to attack). Afflicted targets will generally be unable to distinguish friend from foe, and will attack anyone who is nearby. Undead and Daedra are not affected. Casting this spell on someone is not considered to be an assault.
For calculating magicka costs of this spell, the level needs to be converted into a magnitude, see Magnitude to Level Conversion. One implication is that the enemy levels affected by any Frenzy spell will be less than the quoted values if your Spell Effectiveness is less than 100%.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells only.
- If you cast Frenzy on a spellcaster with an active Summon spell, you may be able to make the summoner turn on his creature.
- This spell is especially effective in dungeons or areas with lots of NPC enemies if you have an invisibility spell or potions. Cast Frenzy on one or more enemies, turn invisible, and they will most likely fight to the death.
- Be careful when targeting people with Frenzy inside towns as this may result in the death of NPCs you may need later for quests or trading.
- It can be fun to create a maximum magnitude Frenzy spell, combined with a Rally spell, with a large range to cast within a populated area. Save before doing so, as the following destruction is likely to be immense.
- Since guards are constantly ten levels higher than the player, a high magnitude Frenzy spell and 100% Spell Effectiveness are necessary to affect them.
- If you cast this spell on respawning NPCs (e.g. Adoring Fan) they will act like they are under the Frenzy effect whenever they respawn.
 See also
- Magnitude to Level Conversion: Convert level into magnitude points.