|This page or section is incomplete. You can help by adding to it.
needs details of kitchens, middens, the sump, Toel's private quarters and the outdoor area he shows Annaïg, the area Vuhon brings Sul and Treb to, the Fringe Gyre
For more information, see the help files, the style guide, and this article's .
When Umbriel, floating city, first appears in Tamriel, it is witnessed by three sailors, Iffech, Keem, and Grayne. This is also shown to Sul by Azura in a dream. Another sailor, Ixtah-Nasha, relays stories of the floating city to his cousin, Mere-Glim, who in turn relates them to Annaïg Hoïnart.
Glim "rescues" Annaïg from her father Taig's attempt to forcibly send her to Leyawiin away from Umbriel, only to himself be inexplicably drawn to Umbriel. To avoid being drawn with him to the land under Umbriel, where she sees the city forces killing Lilmoth's residents, she uses a flying potion on them both and, unable to pull Glim away from the floating island, guides them onto Umbriel itself.
Umbriel is powered by a new version of the Ingenium. Vuhon, the creator of the ingenium, reveals that he used the device to twist a piece of Oblivion from Clavicus Vile's realm, setting it into flight and rendering moot the barrier erected to prevent his and Umbra's escape. The people killed below Umbriel are used to power the ingenium, to sustain the floating city and thereby satisfy a pact made with Umbra.
 Prixon Palace
- Prixon Palace is one of the regions of Umbriel. Slyr tells Annaïg that they don't like their food burnt.
 Oroy Mansion
- Oroy Mansion is one of the regions of Umbriel. In contrast to Prixon Palace, the residents like burnt food.
- The Sump is where life on Umbriel starts and ends: souls are processed; people are born; dead bodies are sent here; plants grow and are harvested. It is also where Mere-Glim was sent to work because of his ability to breathe underwater. It is home to various creatures who are hostile to newcomers of the Sump, but they grow used to them.
- The Kitchens are where food is made for the lords and ladies of Umbriel.
 Fringe Gyre
- The Fringe Gyre is a forested area with trees that seem to be related to the Hist.
 Lower Middens
- The Lower Middens are essentially a gigantic trash room, where the refuse from the kitchens that doesn't wind up in the sump goes and is eaten and digested by worms, likely before being used for some other function.
 Bolster Midden
- The Bolster Midden is the midden with the "richest scent" of the four Lower Middens. It is the first named location Annaïg and Glim find.