|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Svari.
- Speak to Greta.
- Retrieve Roggvir's amulet of Talos.
- Return the amulet to Greta.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After Roggvir's execution, speak to Svari who will reveal she is upset that she will not be able to see her uncle Roggvir again. Further conversation reveals she is concerned about her mother Greta, who has stopped visiting the Temple of the Divines. Speak to Greta about going to the Temple of Divines. She will say she cannot face returning to the temple alone, however if you were to return the amulet of Talos that her brother Roggvir wore she may return. The amulet can be found on Roggvir's body which is either still at the execution block or will have been moved to the Solitude Catacombs in accordance with Nord tradition.
Once you have the amulet, return it to Greta to complete the quest. She will reward you with a leveled amount of gold, saying, "Thanks so much. I'll return to temple. Here's something for your time and effort."
- If you carry another Amulet of Talos in your inventory, the game identifies them all as quest items. You will have to choose the dialog option before you can drop, sell, or use any Amulet of Talos.
- If you wait to loot the Amulet of Talos from Roggvir's corpse until you receive the quest, when you offer to give an Amulet to Greta, it does not complete the quest, gain a reward, nor does it remove an Amulet of Talos.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The dialog option disappears nevertheless. It does make the amulet(s) dropable/sellable.
- If you loot the Amulet from Roggvir's corpse before talking to Greta, the same problems occur as above.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The dialog option disappears, but not the quest journal entry. It also makes the amulet(s) dropable/sellable.
- A solution for the PC version is to proceed to talk to Svari, then talk to Greta. Mention going to temple, and after she asks you to retrieve the amulet, exit the conversation. Do not choose the "Actually I've got it here" option. Now in the console, type
setStage SolitudeFreeform03 20, this will set the quest to the moment you are supposed to retrieve the amulet. Since you already have it, go into the console once more and type
setStage SolitudeFreeform03 30 which will set the moment you should have picked the amulet up. Return to Greta and give the amulet. It will complete the quest and will be removed from the log, though the Amulet still stays in your inventory and you won't get the reward she mentions.
- Another solution for the PC version is, before talking to Greta (or in some cases Svari), to use the console command
player.drop 000CC846 x (with x being the number of Amulets of Talos you have in your inventory + 1) in order to drop all Amulets of Talos. No matter how many you have, one of it (the one relevant for the quest) will always drop separately. After talking to Greta and promising her to retrieve the amulet, just pick up all the amulets you've dropped and talk to her to finish the quest (you might get a leveled reward and complete the quest using this method).
- Another way for the pc version is to reset the quest
resetquest SolitudeFreeform03 and then manually complete it
setStage SolitudeFreeform03 30 before going to talk to Greta in order to finish the quest (but you will not be rewarded).
- If you end up with two Amulet of Talos in your inventory, you could try the console command,
player.removeitem 000CC846 1 to eliminate the duplication.
 Quest Stages
|Return to Grace (SolitudeFreeform03)
||(Objective is assigned): Speak to <Alias.ShortName=Target> about going to the Temple of Divines.
||(Objective is assigned): Retrieve <Alias.ShortName=Item> off of <Alias.ShortName=DeadPerson>.
||(Objective is assigned): Return <Alias.ShortName=Item> to <Alias.ShortName=Target>.