|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Alessandra praying at the Shrine of Arkay
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Alessandra.
- Deliver Alessandra's dagger to Andurs.
- Return to Alessandra.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Alessandra was forced into her job by her father, who also tended to the dead in Riften. He gave her a ceremonial dagger, but died before she was fully initiated in her job. To get at peace with her father, she now wants you to return his ceremonial dagger to Andurs so that it can be interred with her father's remains.
This is a simple errand. Alessandra is in Riften's Hall of the Dead, while Andurs is in Whiterun's Hall of the Dead.
- Alessandra says Andurs is in Windhelm, but he is in Whiterun.
- When completing the quest, Alessandra may not give any reward, though her dialogue suggests otherwise: "Here, please accept this as a token of your selfless action." There is a minimum Restoration skill level of 40 before she gives you anything.
- When given, the reward was every Restoration spell tome in the list, instead of a single random spell tome.
- You can put Alessandra's dagger in a dagger display case and complete the mission as though you still have the dagger. ?
 Quest Stages
||(Objective is assigned): Bring Alessandra's Dagger to Andurs in Whiterun
||(Objective is assigned): Return to Alessandra
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 200, 250.