|Primary Skills||Heavy Armor, One-handed, Archery, Block|
|Faction(s)||HousecarlWhiterunCrimeFaction; PlayerFaction; PlayerHousecarlFaction; PotentialFollowerFaction; PotentialMarriageFaction; TownWhiterunFaction|
Lydia is a Nord warrior living in Whiterun. She is likely to be your first housecarl, which she becomes after you are titled a thane of Whiterun upon completion of the Dragon Rising quest. If she is not following you, she resides in the main hall of Dragonsreach, although if you purchase Breezehome, she will move there.
With the addition of Dragonborn, Lydia becomes much more expressive than she was previously, with new unique dialogue.
- "For Whiterun!" (fighting on Solstheim)
- "I've come a long way to kill you." (fighting an Ash Spawn, Netch, or Riekling)
- "I don't plan on being killed by the likes of you." (fighting an Ash Spawn, Netch, or Riekling)
- "I don't have to know what you are to kill you." (fighting an Ash Spawn or Netch)
- "What next, carnivorous rabbits?" (fighting a Riekling)
- "I don't know whether to kill it or pet it." (fighting a Riekling)
- "That's a nice trick, but it won't save your skin." (fighting a mounted Riekling)
- "So this is Raven Rock, ? Not all that much to look at." (after traveling to Solstheim)
- "I've heard tales of the mushroom towers of Morrowind. Never thought I'd see one." (near Tel Mithryn)
- "Someone's been busy." (near the Temple of Miraak, before completion of At the Summit of Apocrypha)
- "Hmm. Reminds me of the standing stones back home." (near the All-Maker Stones after Cleansing the Stones is completed)
- "There's something... wrong here." (near the All-Maker Stones before Cleansing the Stones is completed)
- "She fights well enough, for a Skaal." (during the quest The Temple of Miraak, while accompanying Frea)
- The Bonds of Matrimony: Find someone in Skyrim to marry.
- Dragon Rising: Investigate a dragon sighting near Whiterun.
- Note: This NPC is one of many potential quest givers or quest targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
- Although Lydia is in the PotentialMarriageFaction, she must be added to that faction manually with a console command
addfac 19809 1in order to enable the marriage dialogue.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.5.24 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- When in Breezehome, she sometimes gets stuck in a loop of sitting down in the chair in the bedroom and then standing up.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- You can break this loop by sitting in the chair yourself when she gets up, or asking her to follow you when she stands up.
- When dismissed after completing the Civil War quest Battle for Whiterun for the Stormcloaks, Lydia will not appear at Dragonsreach again.
- To avoid this, speak to the new Jarl about becoming a thane before visiting your house for the first time after the quest. Since you have already met the qualifications, he will restore your Thane of Whiterun title. Return to your house and you should find Lydia there as if nothing had happened. However this is not needed if you have married her and have moved her out of Whiterun to a different home.
- If Lydia is recruited by the Blades, she may reappear in Whiterun (wearing Blades armor) during the Battle for Whiterun Imperial quest. She then returns to her residence from before she was recruited to the Blades.
- If she is your follower and wife and you relocate your house, dismissing her while in Breezehome often results in her script not completing. She will just stand there not mentioning returning home. As long as her script is in this hung state it will affect your character's ability to take on or fully interact with other followers.
- This can be resolved by asking her to follow you again, leading her outside of Breezehome, then dismissing her.
- If you enter a trespassing room while Lydia is your follower, and somebody sees you the moment you enter (e.g. The Black-Briar manor at night, Sibbi can occasionally see you), then leave again from where you entered, Lydia does not follow you back out. To fix this, wait until it is legal to enter the house, then re-enter and leave again. Lydia should then follow you.
- With Dawnguard installed, if Lydia is told to "part ways" somewhere, she will not return to Breezehome, rather she will stand at that position.
- Lydia may vanish during a quest where you must leave her behind if you do not manually tell her to wait.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|