|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Sharn gra-Muzgob (sharn gra-muzgob)|
|Location||Guild of Mages|
|Faction(s)||Mages Guild (Associate)|
Sharn gra-Muzgob, an Orc healer and Spell Merchant, is an Associate in the Mages Guild. Sharn gra-Muzgob can be found in the lower level of the Guild of Mages in Balmora, and offers minor training in Alteration, Mysticism, and Restoration. She is absolutely not a necromancer, or is she?
 Related Quests
- Gra-Muzgob Informant: You must give Sharn gra-Muzgob the Skull of Llevule Andrano to receive the information that Caius Cosades desires.
- I'm NOT a Necromancer!: Discover a practitioner of the forbidden arts within the guild.
Sharn teaches the following spells:
|Fifth Barrier||150||Shield 50 pts for 30s on Self|
|Strong Feather||25||Feather 50 pts for 10s on Self|
|Calm Creature||23||Calm Creature 30 pts for 10s on Target|
|Dispel||25||Dispel 100 pts on Self|
|Spell Absorption||25||Spell Absorption 10 pts for 5s on Self|
|Balyna's Antidote||5||Cure Poison on Self|
|Balyna's Soothing Balm *||2||Restore Health 3-12 pts on Self|
|Cure Common Disease on Other *||15||Cure Common Disease on Touch|
|Strong Resist Fire||20||Resist Fire 20 pts for 10s on Self|
|Strong Resist Frost||20||Resist Frost 20 pts for 10s on Self|
|Strong Resist Magicka||20||Resist Magicka 20 pts for 10s on Self|
|Strong Resist Poison||20||Resist Poison 20 pts for 10s on Self|
|Strong Resist Shock||20||Resist Shock 20 pts for 10s on Self|
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
- Negative numbers indicate restocking items.
- Though Sharn is listed as a trader in "Magic Items", she does not deal in any of the four types of items that can qualify as magic items, and thus this distinction has no real meaning.
- Sharn gra-Muzgob is frequently the victim of a bizarre bug where she will slowly rise into the air for no reason. If she walks anywhere, she will immediately fall back to the ground, but when she is standing still, she will float into the air, eventually passing through the ceiling and completely out of sight, never to be seen again. If you see her starting to float, you should walk up and talk to her - this will reset her back to the ground. If she has already disappeared, you may be in trouble, particularly because she is required for a small part of the Main Quest. There are a few things you can do in this case:
- - Open the console and use an
RA(Reset Actors) command. This will restore all NPCs in the current cell to their default positions, and usually works to replace a missing Sharn. If that fails, use the following command:
PlaceAtPC "sharn gra-muzgob",1,20,1. This will create a new Sharn, allowing you to complete the quest as normal. Note that occasionally the original Sharn may later reappear, and you will have two of them. If this occurs, simply open the console, click on one of them, and type
disable, followed by
setDelete, 1. (The second command is optional and requires Tribunal, but it helps save a bit of memory.) Alternatively, instead of disabling the double, you can kill her instead, by clicking on her with the console open and typing
SetHealth 0. (Killing her by conventional means would be unwise, particularly if you're a member of the Mages Guild.) Then simply dispose of the corpse or wait for it to disappear on its own by not visiting the Guild for a week.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
- - On the XBox, some success has been reported by saving the game while standing near where Sharn is supposed to be, then quitting, and re-loading the save. Unfortunately, this method is far from guaranteed. Your safest bet is probably to either complete the Gra-Muzgob Informant quest as soon as possible, or to avoid the Balmora Mages Guild altogether until you are ready to do this quest, since she only displays this floating behavior while you are there.
- - Open the console and use an
- Not counting some mercenaries at Bal Fell, Sharn is the only Orc to appear in the Mages Guild in the entire Elder Scrolls series.
- Sharn is one of the most prominent NPCs to be affected by the Moving NPCs glitch. In patched versions of the game, a script runs repeatedly to see if she has been affected by this problem. It moves her back to her starting point if she becomes inaccessible.