|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article has been flagged by a Morrowind Redesign project contributor as needing an image of:
Grove without Ulfgar's stone
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Solstheim, Brodir Grove|
|Hirstaang Forest, [-23,20]|
It is a small, sheltered clearing famous for the mysterious circle of large rocks, fabled to once have been great Nordic warriors who were betrayed by a companion.
Ulfgar the Unending's Dwelling is just to the north. Inside is Ulfgar, who was once the companion of the Nords now cursed to be pillars of Brodir Grove. Ulfgar slew the traitor, but was still somewhat afflicted by the spell: he is over 500 years old, and has seen all four corners of the Empire in his search for Sovngarde.
|● Brodir Grove Weather Table ●|
 Related Quests
- Betrayal at Brodir Grove: Help an old barbarian to find his beloved Sovngarde.
- There's a valley just northeast of Brodir Grove, which includes the Tree Stone and Fjell ice caves, home to the infamous thieves' stash of Solstheim. The grove is relatively quiet with the occasional Fryse Hag or wolf prowling about.
- Information on Sovngarde can be found in the book Sovngarde, a Reexamination.
- There is a small chance that a Wandering Lunatic – a male level 55 Nord Barbarian – spawns north of the circle of stones and slightly east of Ulfgar the Unending’s Dwelling. Between 9pm and 6 am, he turns into a Werewolf.
- The name 'Brodir Grove' probably comes from the Icelandic word bróðir, meaning 'brother'. The letter 'ð' is often anglicised as 'd'.
- In Skyrim, the warriors can be encountered in Sovngarde.