Dragonborn is the third major official add-on for Skyrim. The existence of this expansion was first alluded to by patch files found in the 1.8 Patch, and it was confirmed by Bethesda on 5 November 2012 with an official announcement trailer. Dragonborn takes place on the island of Solstheim, first visited many moons ago during Bloodmoon. The player is tasked with uncovering the identity of the person seemingly subverting the entire population of the island, and stopping them.
With this official add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with new shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn. —Official Summary
- Quests — Walkthroughs for new quests.
- Creatures — Creatures you may find in Solstheim.
- Dragon Riding — A guide to riding dragons.
- Factions — Various groups occupying Solstheim.
- Items — A plethora of new items and equipment await you.
- Magic — New powers and shouts gained from forbidden knowledge.
- NPCs — Listing of all non-player characters in the game.
- People — New people you will meet on your travels through Solstheim.
- Places — Various settlements, caves, ruins, and other locations added by Dragonborn.
- Services — A listing of all the services provided in Solstheim.
- Achievements — Ten new achievements can be earned after installing Dragonborn.
- Easter Eggs — Funny, out of place, or reference-related non-bug findings.
- Historical References — References to people, places, and events from previous Elder Scrolls games.
- Loading Screens — Thirty new loading screens are added after installing Dragonborn.
- Dragonborn was subject to a 30 day exclusivity deal with Microsoft where it was only available on the Xbox 360, but it was February 2013 before it was released for both the PC and the PS3.