|This is an archive of past UESPWiki:Administrator Noticeboard discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
 Requests for Adminship
With Aristeo's announcement that he plans to focus his attention to a new website, I believe it is important for UESP to add at least one more active administrator.
For anyone wondering how the nomination process works, it's based upon Wikipedia. A candidate is nominated, accepts the nomination, and then answers questions asked by the community. Any editor with an account is invited to participate in the process, by asking the nominee questions, expressing an opinion, or placing a vote. After a week or so, Daveh makes the final decision based upon the community's consensus.
Ratwar has been a member of UESP since March 2006 and has been a major contributor to many projects, including documenting most of the Oblivion Mages Guild quests, cleaning up the Morrowind Glitches and Cheats pages, and now being a main participant in the Morrowind Redesign Project. He has been actively involved in the community, for example, monitoring recent changes and cleaning up new edits; contributing to community discussions; and, answering questions asked on talk pages. He was also recently made a channel operator on UESP's IRC channel. Throughout several conflicts that have arisen he has been a remarkably level-headed influence, and has consistently worked towards finding common ground. I know that I already turn to Ratwar regularly for advice and feedback, so I look forward to being able to continue to work with him as a fellow administrator.
Q: What goals do you hope to accomplish as an administrator?
- A: When I look at things I’d like to accomplish, I realized that I want to help the UESP keep accomplishing things that need constant work more than take it in entirely new directions. I’d like to assist in taking care of vandalism more, help take care of the deletion process, and continue to add information to the wiki. I also want to seamlessly transition the wiki in a time where two major editors are opening another site, and will have less time for the UESP. I’d also like to see the UESP adopt the Patrollers idea. -Ratwar 18:36, 7 January 2007 (EST)
Q: What do you foresee as being challenges or issues that UESP may face in the near future? Are there are any changes that you think need to be implemented?
- A: The biggest challenges facing the UESP in the near future will come from the launching of the game on the PS3, which will probably bring more traffic to the site: more editors, perhaps more vandalism. The other challenges are the lack of information in some areas of the site, such as all the mobile ES games, the Tamriel Section, and Completing the Morrowind Redesign Project in a timely manor. To combat these, we just need to forge ahead. -Ratwar 18:36, 7 January 2007 (EST)
 Votes and Comments
Vote Support, Oppose, or Neutral; comments are also welcome.
- Support (as nominator) --Nephele 20:27, 7 January 2007 (EST)
- Support. He's sane, smart, and nice. I think he'll do a lot of good on the site as a janitor. --Aristeo | Talk 22:51, 7 January 2007 (EST)
- Support. --Wrye 22:44, 14 January 2007 (EST)
- Support.--Somercy 13:23, 15 February 2007 (EST) (Note: This vote was placed afterwards)
- Support.--220.127.116.11 16:56, 6 March 2007 (EST) (Note: This vote was placed afterwards)