|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|SENSHouseofDementia, SENSDuchessQuarters, SEDementiaGardenExterior|
Sandbox2 is the southern wing of the Palace of Sheogorath, and the seat of power for the dukedom of Dementia.
The House of Dementia consists of three areas:
- The House of Dementia proper, which contains the Ducal throne and the prison/torture chamber
- The Private Gardens, an outdoor garden with Dementia flora and a reading area.
- The Duchess' Quarters, which are locked.
The Private Gardens are locked and require a key to enter; the lock cannot be picked. If you choose to supplant the Duchess of Dementia in the Ritual of Dementia quest, you will be able to access the gardens. There is a bust of Sheogorath next to the door to the Duchess' Quarters; when the Duchess activates the bust, it retracts and reveals a ladder used to access Xirethard.
 Related Quests
- The Ducal Quarters can be used as a house once the Ritual of Dementia is complete. There is no way to obtain these quarters if the player chooses to perform the Ritual of Mania.
|House of Dementia|
- Entering the Private Gardens via Xirethard without having replaced Syl as the Duchess of Dementia will leave you stuck in the Private Gardens. Aside from re-loading an earlier save, options for escaping the gardens include:
- If you have received the Sheogorath's Protection lesser power from completing The Prince of Madness quest, you can escape by casting the spell and goading a summoned creature into "killing" you.
- If you can jump out of the enclosed area (e.g., high Acrobatics skill or the floating paintbrushes glitch) then it is possible to activate the ladder underneath the Bust of Sheogorath from the other side of the wall.
- Use the Console to get out.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.