- What is the UESP's stance on minors, specifically, those under thirteen years of age?
- What type of cookies are set by the UESP (temporary, as in a PHPSESSID)?
- What is the UESP's policy on the use of logged data?
- What is the UESP policy on the deletion of user accounts, whether through acts of vandalism or by user request?
I'll respond to the best of my knowledge, in order:
- Since we don't require any personally identifiable information for people to sign up, minors under the age of 13 are more than welcome to join and even participate in editing, so long as they do everything within our standards.
- Cookies on UESP are only used so that a user can log in, but they may be placed on a user's computer outside of the login systems.
- Log data may be examined by Daveh in the course of technical problems or technical maintenance. IP addresses from users are infrequently used to investigate abuse of the wiki. Nephele, Daveh, and I are able to match IP addresses with users through the Special:CheckUser page, and will only release the information found in the following situations:
- If the information is requested by law enforcement agencies
- If the target user gives us permission to do so
- When a user has been vandalising articles or persistently acting in a disruptive way
- When it is necessary to protect the UESP, its users, or its public
- Only Daveh has the ability to delete user accounts, but it is unlikely that he will do so except to protect the interests of the site. To my knowledge, an account has never been deleted before throughout the history of the wiki.
--Aristeo 09:53, 5 September 2006 (EDT)
- Wonderful! Thank you for the prompt response; I should have a rough-version ready within the next day. Until then... -- Booyah boy 10:21, 5 September 2006 (EDT)
- I made a few correcting edits to it, and mentioned why I did it in my edit summaries. Just to ensure a couple extra pairs of eyes look over the proposal, I'm going to talk to Daveh when he gets back into IRC, and Nephele when she logs in too. You're welcome to leave a message on anyone's talk page who you think may be interested in your rough draft. --Aristeo 19:55, 6 September 2006 (EDT)
- In respect to your edits, I amended a few of them for minor grammatical errors (added a "the" where appropriate, and so on...nothing important), but otherwise would like to thank you for correcting my oversights.
- As to leaving notice on other user pages...well, I think I'll leave it up to you, Nephele, and Daveh alone (unless someone else happens to stroll by and take a look). It is a policy concerning the site you three are the most active administrators of, so, I cannot think of anyone more qualified to chime in on it.
- On one last minor note, I did have a question/suggestion:
- -- Booyah boy 04:52, 7 September 2006 (EDT)
It seems to me that the current draft provides an accurate description of the site's current policies. I didn't notice anything else that needed to be modified. Thanks, Booyah Boy, for all your work putting this together. But this is of course something that Daveh needs to have the final say on.
As for a "last updated" tag, I don't see a need for it. The full history of the page will be available for anyone to see, just as with any other wiki page. The automatic dates on the history page will be far more accurate than any manually-added date could possibly be. --Nephele 00:48, 8 September 2006 (EDT)