This is where news for the main page is written, whether it be about the Elder Scrolls or about our site. If you would like to write news for the main page, simply create a header in the "Proposed News" section and write a brief news story underneath. Others will come by behind you and clean it up, and an administrator may feature it on the main page once it becomes brilliant prose.
Currently Featured News
 Elder Scrolls Shrines — December 07, 2013
The first in a series of official Elder Scrolls themed shrines produced by GamingHeads.com has been opened for pre-orders. The statue is 1/6 the size of the shrines seen in TESV: Skyrim (which at 14 inches places the statues in Skyrim at 7 feet tall).
The statues are uniquely numbered, come with a certificate of authenticity, and are hand-painted. There are regular and exclusive editions to be had. There are plans for further shrine statues next year.
 The Elder Scrolls Online Interactive Map — Nov 21, 2013
 The Elder Scrolls Online Beta — Nov 19, 2013
 Elder Scrolls Comes to Minecraft: Xbox Edition — November 1, 2013
 ESO Character Creation Revealed — October 17, 2013
 Create an Emote for The Elder Scrolls Online — September 7, 2013
 Elder Scrolls Online Payment Model Revealed — August 21, 2013
After many months of secrecy and speculation on what the payment model for Elder Scrolls Online would be, Matt Firor has finally revealed that the MMO spin-off will feature a subscription-based payment system in an interview with GameStar. Claiming that the premium subscription model was necessary for the game they wanted to make, Matt Firor said that any other model would have negatively impacted their design. Although the first month after purchasing the game will be free, continued activity after the first thirty days will require the payment of a flat fee to continue accessing the servers. Considerations for future discounts on the cost of the subscription or similar alternatives are being discussed, but for now a subscription will be needed to play the game.
Matt Firor went on to say that while other business models are valid, the team behind the game did not believe that it would work for ESO. They did not want to make players feel like their activity in the game was being "monetized" as they find the other payment models do. Those interested in the new installment in the franchise can expect to pay $14.99/€12.99/£8.99 per month to play the game after the first thirty days, with discounts for buying multiple months at once very likely.Update: After the notably mixed reaction to the announcement, Matt Firor has provided further commentary about the decision to Eurogamer. After once again stating that the decision to use a subscription-based business model did not have anything to do with perceived flaws in the free-to-play or similar models, he said that there were two primary reasons behind the decision: To ensure the monetization of the game would fit the Elder Scrolls setting, and to fund further development of the game post-release. To further elaborate on the former point, he explained that the team did not want to deny players any content in the game; that they did not want to force players to pay for further access to the game while playing it. Firor went on to say that a subscription-based model would allow for the development of new content for the game as long as people were still playing it. He declared that the subscription model would provide a more definite revenue stream for development of this additional game content, such as the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood, that will not be available at release.
 Proposed News
 Past News
- UESPWiki:News/Elder Scrolls Anthology!!!
- UESPWiki:News/Elder Scrolls Online Live from QuakeCon
- UESPWiki:News/Steam Trading Cards
- UESPWiki:News/Online at E3
- UESPwiki:News/ESO on next-gen consoles!
- UESPWiki:News/Skyrim Legendary Edition Released
- UESPWiki:News/Quakecon and Steam Elder Scrolls Day
- UESPWiki:News/Creatures of TES Online
- UESPWiki:News/Elder Scrolls in the Steam Summer Sale
- UESPWiki:News/Join a UESPWiki Project!
- UESPWiki:News/No More Skyrim DLC
- UESPWiki:News/Elder Scrolls Online Beta 09 April
- UESPWiki:News/Full Release of Patch 1.9
- UESPWiki:News/Skyrim Legendary Edition
- UESPWiki:News/Oblivion on Steam June 2013
- UESPWiki:News/Morrowind on Steam June 2013
- UESPWiki:News/Elder Scrolls Online Beta March
- UESPWiki:News/Hands on ESO Preview from PAX East
- UESPWiki:News/Patch 1.9 Beta now on Steam
- UESPWiki:News/Soundtracks Available on iTunes
- UESPWiki:News/Elder Scrolls VI Announced
- UESPWiki:News/Win an ESO-themed headset
- UESPWiki:News/A month of DLC
- UESPWiki:News/Release Dates Announced for Skyrim DLC on PS3
- UESPWiki:News/Sign Up for The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Test Today!
- UESPWiki:News/Dragonborn on PC and PS3 in February
- UESPWiki:News/UESP Starts the New Year With its First Employee