Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
 Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
- A clear consensus has been reached (either supported or opposed for featured status).
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
 Current Featured Image
- Brown Bear (OB)
- Missing In Action (SR)
- Pack Member (SR)
- Grok (SR)
- Azura (SR)
- Werewolf (SR)
- Coated in Blood (SR)
- The Cursed Tribe (SR)
- Sabre Cat (SR)
- A Door in Niben Bay (SI)
- Wolf (OB)
- Frost Atronach (SR)
 Nominations and Votes
While browsing Images, I came across this one and thought "Wow". A Landscape shrouded by a almost mystical fog with a dragon emerging from it in the background, and a great distance view at the left side. Definetly worth FI!
- Support as nominator. SarthesArai (talk) 17:31, 21 May 2013 (GMT)
- Support: Yes, it's very good. Almost like a painting. Weroj (talk) 17:53, 21 May 2013 (GMT)
- Support: I like it. The thick fog on the right side of the picture adds a certain depth to it, and the landscape is very interesting. The landscape is very brown, but it goes well with the bluish-green mountains and white fog. The mountains in the distance and the dragon are nice touches. • JAT 18:23, 21 May 2013 (GMT)
- Support: The dragon appearing out of the fog does it for me. That and the angle, which I don't think could have been better captured. --Vulpa 00:30, 22 May 2013 (GMT)
- Support: Not a fan of some of the angling at the bottom of the image (the path leading up to the area), but everything else is amazing. Great background, nice view of the Word Wall, and that fog with the dragon is simply brilliant. --HalfStache 00:35, 22 May 2013 (GMT)
- Support:I would of opposed this were it not a dragon lair. It would just be too distracting otherwise, having a dragon flying about. But this really works. I am in love with this composition. If I had to complain, the colors seem to be a bit muted, the dragon doesn't stand out as much as you'd think it would. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 00:43, 22 May 2013 (GMT)
- Support: Because everyone is supporting it...Tiberseptim2 00:01, 24 May 2013 (GMT)