Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
Nominations and Votes
A really nice image of one of the many interesting things you can find in Morrowind. The dusk sky is beautiful as always.
- Support: As nominator. Forfeit (talk) 22:01, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
- Support: This seems to be one of the best Morrowind place images, and it has nice colors. Supported. ~ Alarra (talk) 06:30, 12 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Wow, a lot of MW images can't really stand up in 2015, but this still looks great. Super atmospheric. -- Hargrimm(T) 02:01, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: A great picture of an interesting location; the colour balance is great. --Enodoc (talk) 09:58, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: I love to see great images from older games, and I have a weakness for Morrowind. Fantastic shot. •WoahBro►talk 13:36, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
This image is a classic - a werewolf looking at the moon. Two moons even! To me, the image feels really eerie and foreboding. It makes me wonder what is going to happen next now that this transformation has occurred. I think it would definitely capture our readers' attention if it was put on the main page.
- Support: As nominator. Forfeit (talk) 05:44, 11 July 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: The lighting on the werewolf is a little dark. Maybe if it was brighter I would support it. – Dragon Guard (talk) 21:58, 11 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: I prefer the dark werewolf, actually; it makes the subject seem more like a creature of the night. This is indeed a classic and almost spooky image. —likelolwhat talk lulzy to me 03:22, 12 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: This picture is amazing. So atmospheric. --Enodoc (talk) 09:58, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: The extra darkness on the werewolf gives it some otherworldly shadowy darkness feel, pretty neat. •WoahBro►talk 13:36, 20 July 2015 (UTC)