Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
None in queue.
Nominations and Votes
A perfect image for the part of the quest that it is capturing. The pose of the giant is great and the background is beautiful as well, while also seeming to help make the giant look even larger and more imposing.
- Oppose: I like it, but we already featured a near-identical image of Grok. —Legoless (talk) 19:14, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
- Support: that image is decent, Lego, but the one being nominated is vastly superior IMO. The one you've linked is more "neutral" in pose whereas the other one has "action" in it, thus less stale. DRAGON GUARD(TALK) 19:26, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: I checked the history, because I was sure this image was opposed because both the Grok image and this one were nominated, but apparently I'm wrong. Perhaps it was in the chat that we had discussed which one was better to nominate, and we ended up with the other one. Anyway, I completely disagree with the previous vote. This one has too much sky, too tilted upwards. And even though "action" is not something an FI needs at all, this one lacks it either way, just wanted to point that out. Regardless, it would be silly to feature this one. If Grok wants to be featured again, he needs to come up with something new ~ Dwarfmp (talk) 20:20, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Judging this image off of its merits alone, I'm in support. If I were asked how to describe giants, "territorial" and "very big" would be accurate, and those are the two traits shown in this picture. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm rather short so "too much sky" and "too tilted upward" is pretty much how you see things that are much taller than you. --MetaCthulhu (talk) 20:55, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: I also oppose this one on the basis of having already featured a near-identical image of the same character, plus another action shot of a giant besides that, both of which are superior to this one, in my opinion. ~ Alarra (talk) 00:36, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
A nice clear shot of a unique item, with a good color scheme and neat background effect - which is actually the location the item is obtained/used, as viewed from above - a clever idea for the screenshot.
- Support: As nominator. ~ Alarra (talk) 00:47, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
- Support: I don't see how this image could get any better. Pretty much a no brainer from there for me. The image does a great job of making what could be a completely mundane image into something that is actually quite interesting to look at. Forfeit (talk) 04:05, 25 November 2015 (UTC)