Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
 Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
 Current Featured Image
None in queue.
 Nominations and Votes
A dark anchor penetrating a temple.
- Support: As nominator. ~Shuryard (talk) 04:52, 8 April 2015 (GMT)
- Support: This pleases me. Insignificant RevisionsThreats•Evidence 13:00, 8 April 2015 (GMT)
- Support: Looks very, very nice. --Vordur Steel-Hammer (TINV1K) 13:16, 8 April 2015 (GMT)
- Support: Looks like a good image from what appears to be an interesting scene. Forfeit (talk) 04:43, 13 April 2015 (GMT)
This is a really nice image of an oblivion gate. The red sky and somewhat damaged city walls provide a good background for the gate. The image also captures a memorable part of Oblivion's main quest.