Tribunal:King Hlaalu Helseth
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|King Hlaalu Helseth (King Hlaalu Helseth)|
|Home City||Mournhold, Royal Palace|
Hlaalu Helseth, a Dunmer, can be found in the Royal Palace. He has recently become the king of Morrowind, after the death of King Llethan. Although King Llethan was old, there are rumors that Helseth killed him with poison, but there doesn't appear to be much evidence of these reports. These rumors are well documented in the Common Tongue, a paper printed by Trels Varis that can be found in a variety of locations throughout Mournhold. After a little investigating, it becomes apparent that King Helseth was behind the Dark Brotherhood attempts at assassinating the player. While the King says it was a simple mistake, his history of assassinations and events during An Assassination Attempt on Barenziah, Helseth's mother, seem to indicate that he wants you dead. Of course, even though Helseth is obviously suspicious of the player, he is facing a greater problem in controlling Almalexia and the Tribunal Temple's influence.
He is carrying the Royal Signet Ring, a valuable and extremely useful ring.
 Related Quests
- An Assassination Attempt: Discover a possible plot to kill King Helseth.
- Helseth's Champion: Prove your worth to King Helseth by dueling his personal bodyguard.
- A Show of Power: Further investigate the Plaza attack for Helseth by working for Almalexia.
- The Mad God: Find the supposedly mad Sotha Sil in his hidden Clockwork City for Almalexia.
- Because of his 100% Reflect, it is highly recommended not to use cast-on-strike weapons when fighting him. An alternative is to fully discharge the weapons before the fight.
- If you choose to kill Helseth during or after the Main Quest, you will only incur a 40 gold bounty. Most NPCs in Mournhold will mention his death if you ask them but will not seem to mind his passing too much.
- Taunting and killing Helseth after completing Helseth's Champion will have no detrimental effects on the rest of the Main Quest, other than losing out on the suit of Royal Guard Armor at the end of the game.
- Karrod is the only guard in the throne room that won't attack you if you kill Helseth after finishing the Main Quest.