The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Ordenador is a tool designed to optimize mod resources and directory structure. It offers various options to this effect.
- Download: Ordenador
- Able to delete duplicate and some junk (Thumbs.db, .jbf, etc.) files.
- Option to keep original file datetime and shorten mesh paths (remove \textures).
- Option to resize images in half according to user setting of: All, >512, >1024, >2048, >4096.
- Option to scan plug-ins for missing resources, fix item count and clean 'evil' gmsts.
- Allows for a user-defined file-renaming scheme for images and will update mesh paths accordingly.
- Its main feature is the ability to scan a directory for bookart, icons, and textures to recompress utilizing NVCompress (download links at the site above).
- Categorizes images based on certain properties (e.g. translucency) and will compress to user-controlled settings of DXT1c, 1a, 3 or 5 accordingly.
- Default settings are safe for all users who heed the below warning.
- Warning:Very low rate of image file corruption, but originals should be preserved until after verifying integrity of compressed images.
- All corrupted images are reduced to 192 bytes and will have a current timestamp (even if option to preserve original date/time is checked).
- Corrupted images are not recorded in the log. Search the directory according to the above two parameters and replace with originals.
- Certain (advanced?) meshes will cause the program to crash. Currently the program does not record the session to the log upon crash.
- Additional image file fixes for those familiar with advanced image properties are discussed in the readme.
- N.B. Ordenador 'may' have difficulty compressing textures if the path directory is too deep (e.g. C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Installers\XYZ_House_and_Clothes_Mod\Textures\*.tga). It is recommended to move the package to be scanned into a shorter pathname directory (e.g. C:\temp\XYZ\Textures\*.tga) for the duration of the scanning.