What Goes Here
There are a couple of other wikis and other information sources out there on mods, so we would like to distinguish ourselves from them in the way we approach mod information.
- Depth over Breadth: Cover fewer mod and mod subjects, but when we do so, do so in depth.
- No Stubs! Do not begin a mod page until you're ready to write an in-depth article.
- No Readmes! Do not post the readme here.
- No Reviews!
- Utility over Exhaustion
- In addition to the rules above, we also want to make sure that details should only be given to the depth that is likely to be useful to most mod players.
- I.e. the goal is not to exhaustively document every fact about a given mod, but rather to produce guides that are genuinely useful to players of that mod.
- In effect (combining this with the "Depth over Breadth" rule), this means that only fairly complicated mods should be documented here.
- Quickstart Guide - Start playing.
- Modders — Directory of modders. Lost a modder? Look here!
- Morrowind.ini - Tips and guidelines on editing the Morrowind.ini file.
- Mod Acronyms - MPP, MCP, Common acronyms for mods, etc.
- Mod Glossary - Commonly used terms in working with mods.
 Lists and Comparisons
- Better Bodies — Clothing for Better Bodies.
- Recommended Mods- Lists of recommended mods by various authors.
- Stronghold Additions — Aspect changes for the player strongholds.
- World Replacers — Graphics replacers for: buildings, flora, terrain, sky.
 Specific Mods
- Tamriel Rebuilt — A major work to create mainland Morrowind
- Morrowind Patch Project - A collaborative and ongoing effort to fix many of the bugs, oversights and annoyances in Morrowind and its expansions
- Morrowind Code Patch - Attempts to fix everything that can't be fixed by The Morrowind Patch Project.
- LGNPC - A community-based project to add individuality to NPC dialogues.
- Morrowind Overhaul - A comprehensive compilation of many popular and "essential" mods that (as the name suggests) completely overhaul the graphics, sound, and gameplay of Morrowind. Planned to be released in two packages that affect graphics/sound and gameplay respectively. The first is already out, the second is currently being worked on. Fully compatible with Tamriel Rebuilt.
- Province: Cyrodiil - A large project devoted to creating the province of Cyrodiil in Morrowind.
- Skyrim: Home of the Nords - A large project aiming to recreate the province of Skyrim in Morrowind, prioritising old lore such as the First Pocket Guide over lore from TES V Skyrim.
- Living Cities — Living Cities of Vvardenfell adds schedules to many of the NPCs in Vvardenfell. Project page for bug reports, proposals and/or technical information.
 Mod Management
Once you start using a lot of mods with Morrowind, you'll find yourself running into a number of problems. This section is intended to help you manage your mods and savegames and resolve the problems that you'll encounter.
Note that some problems (especially Dirty Saves) are more easily prevented than repaired! So a little reading now may save you some grief later.
- Dirty Saves - The definition of a "dirty save".
- Doubling - Explanation for seeing two or more of something; also called "doubling".
- Leveled Lists - Leveled lists problems and solutions.
- Repairing Saves - How to repair dirty saves.
- World Map - How to update the world map after adding/removing mods.