This page is for discussion of the main page itself. General community comments/discussion and/or general questions/suggestions for site content should be added to the Community Portal. Also, as this page is Semi-Protected due to frequent Vandalism, all comments on the Main Page should be directed to the Community Portal.
|Archive 1: June 2006 – April 2008|
|Archive 2: September 2007 – August 2009|
|Archive 3: September 2009 - December 2011|
Died on the 8th. Sorry if this has been raised before, was wondering if UESP were going to put up a tribute. Corvus 00:33, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- If nothing else, we can add it as a news article on the front page. If you feel up to writing one (typically just a paragraph), you can submit it at UESPWiki:News#Proposed News. – Robin Hood↝talk 01:07, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
why are we posting Rumors in Latest News I thought that only facts got put there? John142 22:11, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- Only news gets put there. Whether the news is fact or not is sometimes anybody's guess ;). –Eshetalk 22:15, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- The facts are that there are rumors. To properly explain this, we need to state the rumors. How's that for roundabout reasoning? In all seriousness though, we post anything that has some type of source that is important and has to deal with the Elder Scrolls.--Ratwar 22:17, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
next DLC info?
another case of "latest patch contains files (and therefore info) for future DLC" I don't know if this should make a frontpage news since it's not official, but such things proved thruthful for Dawnguard so...? — Unsigned comment by Pizza boy (talk • contribs) at 19:29 on 16 October 2012 (GMT)
Pete Hines has tweeted that they are close to having DLC for PS3 and PC, good news for the many PS3 fans, although he doesn't specifically mention Dawnguard or Hearthfire. I think this should be in the news section of the main page if somebody wants to add it. RIM (talk) 09:44, 8 November 2012 (GMT)
- Sorry the link didn't work, try this one instead https://twitter.com/DCDeacon
Skyrim 1 Year Anniversary
- Why bother? The release date, in and of itself, is not noteworthy, unless something interesting happened today to coincide with the release. ES(talk•email) 05:23, 13 November 2012 (GMT)
Black Friday deals
There are three Skyrim related Black Friday deals (-33%) on Steam (November 22 - 27):
Skyrim for $40.19 instead of $59.99,
Dawnguard for $13.39 instead of $19.99,
Hearthfire for $3.34 instead of $5,
- What do you mean? If you are talking about news, than it should be proposed here.--Br3admax (talk) 06:40, 23 November 2012 (GMT)
Dragonborn release and PS3 DLC
- They announced today that they are working on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3 and will continue to do so after they release Dragonborn for PS3. — Unsigned comment by Winch1990 (talk • contribs) at 07:48 on 6 December 2012
I popped onto the page to find a link to All Content, since I didn't remember that was what it was called, and after glancing around, I saw that it was the "All Elder Scrolls Games" link, which goes to "All Games" and redirects to the page I was looking for. May I propose that the text creating the All Games->All Content link mess be changed from "All Elder Scrolls Games" to something along the lines of "All Content" or similar? It really hurts our navigation to that page and the links to each game and our miscellaneous namespaces, like Lore, Books, and General, if you're seeing a link titled "All... Games" but nothing else. I've been here for a year, and even I struggled realizing that link went to where I wanted to, since it doesn't appear at a glace to be right.
The link, I think ought to be fixed promptly, being as misleading as it is, and as a slightly lower-priority project, how about a reorganization of the entire main page? It's been like it is for as long as I can remember, and while it isn't bad, it's not exactly pretty either, and it could use some reorganization to help with navigability. Like I said, a veteran user was lost navigating the thing, so that says something about how the page looks. Just a brief thought. Snowmane(talk•email) 01:46, 6 January 2013 (GMT)
PC/PS3 DLC Information
Soundtracks available on iTunes
Several of Bethesda's soundtracks are available on iTunes, including the Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim soundtracks. (They are still on available on Jeremy Soule's website as well, https://www.directsong.com/mobile/index.php?menuid=4 . Skyrim's soundtrack can be bought as actual physical CDs there rather than a download.) Alarra (talk) 17:40, 31 January 2013 (GMT)
http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/04/now-on-steam-skyrim-1-9-beta-update/ patch 1.9 is available on steam
Legendary difficulty setting
Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.
Xbox 360 dlc
As part of Xbox live's spring sale all the dlcs are 50% off idk if that deserves front page or not but I feel like it should be somewhere — Unsigned comment by Jpalmss (talk • contribs) at 23:03 on 30 March 2013