Skyrim talk:The Litany of Larceny
|Archive 1: Dec. 2011 - Oct. 2012|
 Bug Issues and Links to Other Pages
As anything conclusive emerges about the myriad bug issues reported here, consider updating any other pages which reference the quest or the bugs:
- I put it on the talk pages following comments that related to the bugs resolved here. 06:32, 10 November 2012 (GMT)
 Additional items on the shelves - Note?
Shouldn't it be noted, that until the quest is finished (Left Eye of the Falmer bug) and it is impossible to add any more items to the shelves, some generic miscellaneous stolen goods can be added (Ornate Drinking Horn etc.)? These items are the random generic items which are in the radiant quests Delvin and Vex can give the player. So you can end up having no other items on the shelves apart from the 7 unique pieces, or you may end up having multiple other items on the shelves - depending upon your quest choices. If you only complete e.g. shill or numbers jobs, you won't acquire any of these additional items. Perhaps this information should be included somehow on the front page? Aran Mafre 11:07, 22 July 2012 (UTC)
- Elder Scrolls Wikia contradicts you on this. What side jobs you complete does not seem to matter only that a certain number of them be done. I only did numbers jobs for Delvin (but I did do sweep jobs for Vex) and I still have the proper items corrosponding to the ones the list here says I should have.- Vainamoinen-Talk-Stuff 03:03, 23 November 2012 (GMT)
 Fallen Apart
I don't know when it happened, but everything from the shelves just exploded off. I don't run near it ever, and there isn't really any combat in there. Is there any easy way to move the items back into their appropriate locations? Because doing it manually is just impossible, since everything is grabbed by the bottom. 126.96.36.199 05:58, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- Even were you to replace the items manually they would not remain there. The shelves are incapable of holding up anything. Even if you place something there it will be on the floor when the cell reloads. The reason the items stayed put in the first place is probably a script or something. See the bugs section on the main page for possible fixes.- Vainamoinen-Talk-Stuff 02:58, 23 November 2012 (GMT)
 No dialogue for selling the Left Eye to Delvin
Until the recent addition of the bug saying "Sometimes you can not sell the Left Eye of the Falmer to Delvin" I believe I have misread and misinterpreted the previous bug on the list in a way I thought it was just that one happening, not another one (i.e. this new one). This last time playing through Skyrim I had sold every one of the previous items to Delvin, and as I approached Delvin with the Left Eye, but got no dialogue to sell it. I interpreted the "after picking up the final item the quest will be marked as complete and you will be no longer able to turn any of the items still in your inventory to Delvin Mallory" as telling that if I picked the Left Eye up, I would not any more be able to sell it (as well as any other of the previous items) to Delvin.
I do not know why I interpreted it like this, because the last time I went for The Litany of Larceny (and I have only done it twice), though I missed out some of the items then, I still managed to sell the Left Eye then. This last time however, after finding all the other items and selling them to Delvin each in order as I found them, I did not get the dialogue option at all to sell the Eye.
- I'm not sure I follow your on this but when you pick up the final item - no matter what item you picked up - any items you still have and have not turned in will no longer be able to be turned in, including the item you just picked up. The Eye appears to have a bug all its own as well where the dialogue to turn it in will never show, even if it is not the final item. I believe the bug specific to the Eye is not 100% while the bug with the final item IS. This is why it is recommended that you retrieve the Eye last, if at all. - Vainamoinen-Talk-Stuff 02:55, 23 November 2012 (GMT)
 Bugs and Fixes (PC Only)
Forgot how neurotic this community is about hoarding data - even when modifications have been requested by the original author...05:16, 10 November 2012 (GMT)
Unable to Turn In Fix - It should be noted that it IS possible to resolve this bug after causing it, see the alternate solution below.
- Do the quest in whatever order you like - but do not pick up every item. Leave one item unretrieved, be it the Skyrim:Left Eye of the Falmer or any other item, although the Eye is recommended.
- Turn in the six items you have retrieved.
- Using the console enter Setstage TGLarceny X with X corrosponding to the stage corrosponding to the item you did not retrieve.
- Speak to Delvin - the prompt to turn in the item you do not have will be there. Select that option and you will be given the reward. Since you do not have the item there will be no notification that it was removed from your inventory.
- All the items will now be on the shelves in the Cistern and you are free to pick up the final item now and sell it again if you so choose.
Duplicate Quest Fix - This will work for any quest that has been duplicated in your quest log that you wish removed.
- The quest Skyrim:Hard Answers sometimes triggers when retrieving the Skyrim:Dwemer Puzzle Cube after it has already been completed.
- Using the console enter SetStage TG06 200
- The quest will now move to the completed section of your quest journal. If desired, the duplicate Skyrim:Nightingale Blade may be removed by entering Player.RemoveItem f6527 1 via the console.
Litany of Larceny Alternate Solution - or "I don't care that much about quests, give me sparklies now"
e8ef8 Queen Bee Statue e8ef9 Honningbrew Decanter e8efa East Empire Shipping Map e8efb Model Ship e8efc Dwemer Puzzle Cube e8efd Bust of the Gray Fox e8efe Left Eye of the Falmer
- Select the item through the console by entering PRID X where X corrosponds to the code referencing the item in question.
- Type Enable in the console.
- The item should now be visible
Items Are No Longer on Shelves Fix - knocked off, picked up, Thu'um'd off, however you did it, they're not there anymore.
- Using the aforementioned alternate solution to the quest select the item in question through the console.
- Instead of typing Enable into the console type RecycleActor
- The shelves should hold them up quite well until your next round of 'throw it on the ground'.
- The above certainly appears very valuable. I'm not far enough through the quest to fully understand or confirm the "Unable to turn in" bug and fix, but unless there's an objection, it seems to me that that the two bugs (unable to turn in and duplicate quest) should be simply described on the article page itself, with the relevant PC fixes provided underneath each. Same with the "Items/shelves" issue, and fix. But I'm not sure if that is a bug, or more properly a note. I'll put it taking some action on this on my todo list, but if anyone else is prepared to do so sooner, it seems like it could go a long way toward helping (on the PC) with what seems like a common and frustrating problem.--JR (talk) 07:32, 10 November 2012 (GMT)
 XBOX bugs
I was just looking for answers on XBOX version - is there any way to complete this quest? Apparently, picking up 7th item to turn to Delvin (no matter which) breaks the whole thing and you cannot finnish the quest properly...I've just go patched to 1.8.1xxx and it's still there. I also noticed some other glitches like phantom objects (cannot pick them, like books etc.) — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 11:01 on 20 November 2012 (GMT)
- For phantom objects I've found that sometimes the game fails to render them in their proper places. The item was somehow dislodged, often due to the wacky collision scripts, but the visual did not move properly. Other phantom objects may be intentionally so - for looks only. The only viable solution for this on the XBox so far is to simply never collect the seventh item - you won't ever complete the Litany of Larceny but you'll have everything but one item and if/when the bug DOES get fixed you can always go back and collect the item.- Vainamoinen-Talk-Stuff 02:14, 23 November 2012 (GMT)
 Unofficial skyrim patch
 No Quest Showing in Log
I collected all the pieces but no quest with "The Litany of Larceny" showed in my log both complete and current. Upon handing in the last piece Delvin said if I find any more pieces like that to bring it to him even though I have already handed all in. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 04:10 on 19 April 2013 (GMT)