|The wiki is reserved for verifiable facts only, and this talk page should only be used to discuss the contents of the article itself.
Please keep all speculation, wishlists, etc. restricted to the forums.
Any content of this sort will be removed promptly.
UESP Skyrim Forum
Official Bethesda Skyrim Forum
|Archive 1: Jan 2011 - Mar 2011|
|Archive 2: Apr 2011 - May 2011|
|Archive 3: Jun 2011 - Aug 2011|
|Archive 4: Sep 2011|
|Archive 5: Oct 2011|
|Archive 6: Nov 2011|
|Archive 7: Dec 2011-Mar 2012|
 Link to lairs
Where is the link to lairs, ie warlock dragon bandits and the like? I find it from time to time, although click the link to places and npcs i always go around in circles. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 19 April 2012
- Here is a link to general NPC's found in-game: People. Here is the link to general places in-game: Places, and here's a link to NPC's (where you can find hostile NPC's such as bandits etc: NPCs#Generic NPCs. Hope this helps with the confusion. Helenaannevalentine 01:06, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
Someone should start a link in the side menu with all the games for the major expansion. AlphaArgonian182 20:46, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- I think we should wait until it's out. We don't know if it'll be just the size of Knights of the Nine. We have been told some things about the size (that it'll be in-between the sizes of KotN and SI, I think), but it'll be better to see it or wait until we have more details. TR, BM, and SI added new large areas; KotN didn't; Dawnguard, we have no idea yet. I don't think it would hurt to wait on a decision, either. Vely►Talk►Email 15:01, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- It adds two new huge areas: Soul cairn and Forgotten vale. 126.96.36.199 01:00, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
 Playstyle page
I suggest we start a Skyrim:Playstyle page. A page detailing playstyles from the skirmisher to the battlemage. SFK363 15:23, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
- Generally these guides belong in user space (User:PsijicOrder/Skyrim Roleplaying Ideas is a good place) until they are of a high-enough quality to make an official article out of. Plus, creating the page is the easy part - you have to write the content for it, which takes a lot of work. You can flesh out the page and subpages of the article I just linked to, or you could create one in a sandbox (click the red link to create the sandbox). I'm not opposed to the idea, but we need a well-written page to work off of. • JATalk 16:33, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
- What's to base off? Your mind. Think of playstyles. Take the classes from Oblivion, for a great example. Or you can find information on the Elder Scrolls Wiki. SFK363 07:06, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- We have similar for Oblivion. This page details general roleplaying tips that apply to just about any type of character. This one has links to various categories of roleplaying that contain user pages, and this category contains all links in those subcategories. There's already information on PsijicOrder's page, yes, but as Jak said, we'll need a well-written page. Vely►Talk►Email 15:23, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
 Section for ini parameters
Shouldn't there be a section for all the ini settings in SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini, to serve as a reference guide when players work on these files to tweak the game? Such a page would list all the available ini parameters with description of what they do and how the affect the game in term of visuals and performance.
The wiki has technical information on far more complex topics related to the game (such as the save file format), so I don't see why we shouldn't have a thourough section of a more common topic that concerns many Skyrim players. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 01:44 on 8 June 2012
- Have you seen Skyrim:Ini_Settings? It's a very short page but links to Oblivion:Ini_Settings as "most of the ini structure of Skyrim.ini is similar to that of Oblivion's Oblivion.ini" ABCface◥ 01:57, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
 fall of space core
shouldn't the fall of the space care vol 1 and high res texture pack be included in the "official plugins" bit? all i see there is dawnguard. Trevor1324 21:20, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Well, that link provides info on the other two as well, and since they're relatively small, I'm not sure separate sublinks are necessary. I've changed the summary on the Official Plug-Ins line a little bit so it matches the way the Oblivion page did things with KotN. ABCface◥ 21:55, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
 where is danwguard under skyrim branch?
- I could be wrong, but I believe Dawnguard is not listed underneath Skyrim for the same reason Knights of the Nine is not listed under Oblivion; it's new content, but it's not a new realm. --Negativeiamacapsicle 13:12, 22 July 2012 (UTC)
 The Ending (No Spoilers)
Is The end of Skyrim is a definite end like Fallout 3 or can you play afterwards like Oblivion?Gunbeard 15:22, 22 July 2012 (UTC)Gunbeard
- It's the same as Oblivion. The main quest ends and the game continues. The Silencer speaksTalk 15:30, 22 July 2012 (UTC)
 drm-free skyrim
Hi I just got a new PC for school that can actually play games. I want to try out skyrim but I refuse to use steam in any way. Where can I buy the game without steam? Thank you. 184.108.40.206 02:45, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, Skyrim uses Steamworks and can't be played without it. Your only legal alternative is to buy it for the PS3 or Xbox360. Of course, we don't allow discussion of illegal channels to acquire the games, so you won't get any help for that here. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'm not that great of a Steam fan either (regardless of what my game collection says). --AKB Talk Cont Mail 02:51, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Hi and thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get it for ps3 in the future but I hear ps3's version is really unstable. Plus no dawnguard, sadface. 220.127.116.11 18:11, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
Please undelete my message here. Thanks. 18.104.22.168 18:09, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
 Some questions
When i fire a fireball into shallow water a small iceberg appears is this a glitch or what. Also does anyone know if dawnguard will come out on disk! 22.214.171.124 08:18, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
- Sounds like a glitch, and I really, really doubt that Bethesda would release something called "downloadable content" as anything but a download. --XyzzyTalk 14:09, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
- You would download it from the disc. But I think the era of those types of dlcs is over. It's Live or Steam for now.--Br3admax 14:48, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
 Companions Side Quests
 Destroy the Dark brotherhood!- Cicero
I've done the "Destroy The Dark Brotherhood" quest and I was wondering if I can find Cicero, even though I've Destoryed the Dark Brotherhood? Thanks. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 07:16 on 19 August 2012
- Cicero disappears from the game as soon as you kill Astrid. Using
player.movetowith all 3 of his refIDs simply moves you to the location where he would be found in his 3 forms during the DB questline, but he is not there. --XyzzyTalk 15:51, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
 Mass Enchanting
Is it possible to enchant more than one item at a time? Or maybe create a named item that we can enchant over and over again like we could in Oblivion?Snodgrass96558 03:53, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
- No, you can only enchant one item at a time. However, once you disenchant an item for its enchantment property, you may enchant other items using that same property if you wish to do so. See here for more specific information on enchanting items in Skyrim. Hope this helps :) Helenaannevalentine 03:59, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
Darn! I was thinking about creating a "dragon fang", "Blood horker" armor and other enchanted items named after specific foes by just renaming common items. Doing 30 or more of these items one at a time is daunting though! Not to mention I've noticed even though they have the same name, item, enchantment and enchantment level they are not stacking. For some reason the game is treating each enchanted item as if it is unique. Hmmm....maybe I will have to learn how to mod.— Unsigned comment by Snodgrass96558 (talk • contribs) at 17:23 on 31 August 2012 (UTC)
- You can rename items from their standard item name (eg: a gold emerald ring can be enchanted for example with Fortify Magicka, and you could rename it to something like "Ring of Magnus"). But I'm afraid you can't enchant more than one item at a time, sorry. Helenaannevalentine 04:33, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
 Dawnguard as a sub-section on the main UESP page
Seeing as Shivering Isles is a major official plug-in for Oblivion, and Tribunal and Bloodmoon are for Morrowind ... shouldn't Dawnguard appear as a sub-section to Skyrim on the main UESP page? Currently, one has to click on "Skyrim" and look for it. --Trep35 02:18, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
- Dawnguard is smaller than all three of those. We've discussed this before, and decided that Dawnguard was not big enough to deserve its own namespace. It's pretty much a larger version of Knights of the Nine, which you don't see on the side bar. • JAT 02:26, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
- Understand. I would respectfully disagree, Mr. Jak_Atackka. Of course, if the community at large feels that way, so it is. I feel that even if KoTN is smaller as DLC, it and Dawnguard still warrant the level of an expansion, unlike say the Orrery or Mehrune's Razor plug-in, which are clearly cosmetic toys. Dawnguard adds a major new quest-line, NPCs, places etc and Bethesda markets it with the same level and price as they did SI as the first major add-on to Oblivion. Granted, it doesn't introduce a whole new continent, but still... Just my two cents.--Trep35 05:37, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
 What's wrong with Skyrim:Places?
- I'm seeing the same thing. It may have had something to do with the wiki update... The issue probably needs to be added to this discussion. — ABCface◥ 08:15, 4 September 2012 (EDT)
- Just popped in and saw this. I get this issue with the UESP's main page also. I get this message coming up on my Google Chrome browser:
Server error The website encountered an error while retrieving http://uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly. Here are some suggestions: Reload this webpage later. HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
 Why is Hearthfire in a subsection of Skyrim?
- It was added to improve site navigation while the DLC is in the public eye. Also see the Community Portal section on this. The Silencer (talk) 14:26, 6 September 2012 (EDT)
 Link to People vs. NPCs
 Windhelm Guards
I killed ALL the guards in Windhelm including all three jailers without incurring any bounty, but after more than 30 days, there are still no guards in Windhelm. Why haven't they respawned yet? Will they ever respawn? What should I do to get them back? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 14:29 on 2 December 2012 (GMT)
- I would recommend you reload to before you eradicated the entire garrison. That is always the best option for what to do when you've gone on a rampage. As for why they haven't respawned, I opened up the CK and discovered that none of the Windhelm guards are ever sent to respawn, odd since most guards respawn. They're dead for good in your current save. If you're on the pc, you resurrect them with the console, but that's about it for options. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 14:29, 2 December 2012 (GMT)
Should we put a link to the dragon page somewhere such as world information or gameplay information? I just think it would help new visitors or members to find an easy way to the dragon page. And also dragons are pretty much the entire story so wouldn't it make sense to add them to the Skyrim page? - Cheezytrousers (talk) 03:43, 5 January 2013 (GMT)
 Master Guide
Hey; long time visitor and occasional hint giver. Given that the Dlc for the playstation is finally coming out I started a new account on skyrim, on the master difficulty. I looked on various sites, but none have a good collection of hints, tips, quest timings, and most prevela t skills for the master difficulty. While not exactly necessary, it would be fantastic to use as a reference. Covering things like making the most out of your resources, (food, perks, magicka), utilizing different tactics (illusion and sneak for crowd control and sneak attacks, conjuration and archery allowing you to summon heavy armoured units and attack from behind), the importance of synergy in all aspects. If this can get done, that would be wonderful for all users, even old grizzly players like myself.— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 18:21 on 1 February 2013
 im a werewolf in skyrim
um im a werewolf in skyrim and every time i feed i kill someone, well i have killed half of the people already and whenever i go to a town they try to kill me even in human form... what do i do? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 13:03 on 12 February 2013
- Starting a new game is probably your best option at this point. --Xyzzy Talk 14:16, 12 February 2013 (GMT)
 Lost a location. Can't remember where it is.
I found cave earlier on in the game with bandits and a really deep pool with bodies floating in it. At the time, I didn't have water breathing, but now I do. For the life of me I can't find it again. I have gone back to just about every cave on my map (I'm level 51) and I can't find it.
18.104.22.168 19:39, 17 March 2013 (GMT)Bruce K.
- I believe this belongs to the forums where you quite possibly will get help with this kind of question. The Wiki is for general documentation and not individual help as such. —MortenOSlash (talk) 19:59, 17 March 2013 (GMT)
- Although the forums is definitely the best place for gameplay questions, we haven't discouraged people from asking them on talk pages. The best place to ask general questions like this on the wiki is the Reference Desk. That being said, your description doesn't ring a bell with me. --Xyzzy Talk 22:38, 17 March 2013 (GMT)
 Bug sections
Should someone go about adding the console symbols to all the bugs sections. Oblivion has them and it would be nice to know what bugs ocurr on which consoles. (Lordofmagicvoldemort (talk) 05:08, 2 April 2013 (GMT))
- Bugs that have only been seen on one or two platforms should already have an icon(s) showing which one(s) they have been seen on. If there are no icons in front of the bug, that means that it has been seen on all three platforms. You should only add an icon if it only has one listed and you have personally experienced it on a second platform. --Xyzzy Talk 15:55, 13 April 2013 (GMT)
 Oghma Infinium Bookshelf/Chest exploit not working.
All I get are the pictures but no selection of branches.
I know the exploit, I've done it correctly, did Bethesda tweak with it? I have the book with me but it gives no menu of the branches. I only read it once (following the exploit of course). — Unsigned comment by KindaOne (talk • contribs) at 13:55 on 13 April 2013