Skyrim talk:Rising at Dawn
 Possible Bug
Moved this here for now - it doesn't really belong on the quest page due to the wording, but it sounds serious enough to qualify for investigation later on:
- watch out for this mission. its damned buggy. make sure you are not stage 4 vampire when you meet the guy at the shrine, as you will never be able to finish the quest to cure the vampirism. it says to talk to the guy, you do at his hut, and no wheres else, no matter the time of day. its effing retarded. make sure the mission is the only active one, open the console by pressing the tilde (~) key, and type, without the quotes "setstage VC01 200" and voila, no more vampire BS
--Krusty 10:50, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
 always late
in my case Falion after he exits his house goes somewhere to the south of the Morthal and then he rushes to the circle and each time he fails to arrive there before 6 am - simply impossible to finish this quest. (I was lucky enough to keep companion quest line untouched and using it to get rid of vampirism)
 Delayed by Mudcrab
If you follow Falion on his way to the circle, he'll encounter a mudcrab which will block him, and then prevent him from completing the quest.
After several attempts, I killed the mudcrab at about 4:40 am, before Falion reached the mudcrab spot. Because Falion didn't have to react to the crab, he completed the quest as expected.
 Another Bug
After being cured of Vampirism, i still have access to the Vampire Sight as long as i do not change powers. Anyone else confirm? On 360 Rpbraley868 16:52, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- I experienced the same bug. Even though I could use it, Vampire's Sight was not listed in my Powers section, and I was no longer able to use it upon selecting a different power. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 10:15 on 28 January 2012 (UTC)
 Repeating Quest
- Yes, you can become a vampire and cure yourself as many times as you want. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 20:08, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
 possible bug...
Falion won't move at all for me. I should mention I accidentally cured my vampirism already by becoming a werewolf. That is the only reason I can think of... 22.214.171.124 17:41, 17 October 2012 (GMT)
 Bug with starting the quest
I'm trying to get Falion to talk about curing my vampirism, but the topic doesn't show up to ask about the cure. I've finished the Dawnguard missions and I'm a stage 4 vampire.
- Did you talk to Jonna about Falion first? You have to ask her about rumors until she mentions that falion investigates vampires, dark magic etc. RIM (talk) 09:51, 8 November 2012 (GMT)
It worked! I've never had to talk to someone before to start the quest so I thought I was just supposed to go to Falion.Thanks RIM.
 Possible fixes
After much desperate and angry experimentation (12 times trying to get him to cure me, finally succeeding), and reading of so many other people having all the same issues I kept running into, I thought I would post the steps that, at long last, got the quest to work properly:
1. Talking to an innkeeper first. In all my tries, he never had the dialogue option, nor did the Rising at Dawn quest begin prior to this step.
2. Feeding on someone around 3:30am, before running out to the circle, to ensure being in stage 1 vampirism.
3. Waiting in town until 4am or shortly after, so that the quest will change from "Meet Falion outside the circle at dawn" to "Talk to Falion". On the times I waited at the circle or even within eyesight of it, he never showed or was late.
4. Pushing him and running against him until he is actually physically inside the circle, and then rushing into it and talking to him before he gets the chance to walk out of it, seems to be the most important step -- all 11 tries prior to this failed (a few times he would say "The ritual is complete" and walk away, but I was still a vampire). 126.96.36.199 03:15, 11 March 2013 (GMT)