Skyrim talk:Restoration Spells
- It is already proposed for deletion! Now the talk page needs to be proposed too... Wolok gro-Barok 22:42, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- This will be the page for the spells, comparable to Skyrim:Destruction Spells or Oblivion:Spells#Restoration. Listing all the spell details on the skill page isn't practical -- look at how long Oblivion:Restoration is without any spells, and imagine trying to add one-hundred-odd spells to the page. As for why I think we need separate spell pages for each school, see Skyrim talk:Spells.
- In any case, I wouldn't have created this page yet, because now there's the problem of what to do with a page that contains no information. However, it's quite possible that by next Friday we'll be able to dump spell lists onto all of the spell pages, which means that this page will cease to be eligible for deletion before the end of the prod time period. --NepheleTalk 23:08, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
Agree with Nephele - putting the spells on the skill page is unworkable. Suggest we list the available spells by skill rank (novice, master etc). Now the game has been released I will be adding to this page as I explore. -- Alienangel 8:41pm AEST 11 Nov 2011
Is it possible that Healing is a starting spell for all characters, or that Orcs start with it? I haven't been able to test on new characters yet, but my Orc started with Flames and Healing both, I believe. -Nikomis 22:13, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Healing and Flames is for all, the following get an additional spell - Manmer (Breton) get Summon Familiar, Dunmer get Sparks and Altmer get Fury22.214.171.124 04:53, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
Yes, I can confirm that. Gideon Dragontongue 14:54, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
 Guardian Circle does not appear?
- Try saving, quiting the game, restarting the game and try to talk to the collette lady again, seems to work for some people. You could also wait for 48 hours (2 x 24 hours) which should refresh her inventory! --Bign0se 14:20, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
- Quitting the game doesn't work, I'll try coming back after a while. However, for some reason I'm able to buy "Mass Paralysis" from Tolfdir without having done his master quest... ~ Dwarfmp 23:20, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
- Dwarf's observation is correct—the Restoration Ritual Spell quest incorrectly activates Mass Paralysis instead of Guardian Circle. I can't be certain as I no longer have my saved game, but it might be the case that when you first visit her after the quest, if you get there fast enough (and maybe only if you've traded with her recently?), she'll have Guardian Circle available. I've also added a bug fix for PC players in the event that she doesn't. – Robin Hood↝talk 06:07, 4 November 2012 (GMT)
I am getting the same problem (Xbox 360). I deleted my game from the xbox, cleared the cache, then reinstalled and restarted the quest from before I talked to Colette, and It worked. It is in stock now. I had restarted the quest from before I started it before and It didn't work, not until I deleted the game and cleared the cache. Now only one of these may be needed to fix it, but I did both at once. Hope this helps anyone with this problem in the future. -Rahb — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 03:57 on 22 December 2011
- I too had been unable to buy Guardian Circle from Colette; I tried re-loading a save point from after the quest, re-loading a save point from before the quest, and waiting for 48 hours after having finished the quest for her inventory to refresh, all several times and in different combinations. I took the advice of clearing the cache from my XBox as stated above, as well as the suggestion given here to use Bane of the Undead immediately after getting it. After clearing the cache and turning off my XBox, I loaded a save prior to having begun the Restoration Ritual Spell, completed the quest, immediately used Bane of the Undead, and immediately went to Colette and was able to purchase Guardian Circle.--188.8.131.52 04:40, 13 December 2012 (GMT)
I did not clear my cache, but I did use bane of the undead right after finishing the quest and Colette sold the spell book. Tried the quest before and she did not have it. Auglar did repeat himself automatically though. Colette had 5 books when I got to her. baralia22 December 25, 2012
 Diference between Turn and Repel?
Is there a difference? Otherwise it seems like there are just too many of these spells and for a given skill level some are immediately useless. 184.108.40.206 22:03, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
Repel is an Area-of-Effect spell (AoE) that can hit multiple targets. Turn Undead only affects a single target. And yes, they are both fairly useless once you're past a certain level. Even Guardian Circle and Bane of the Undead (both Master level and unobtainable without Restoration of 90 or higher) have this problem. It's kind of a shame- Restoration has been nerfed, but at least not as badly as Illusion. I don't use wards, so I literally *only* use Restoration for healing... kinda boring. 220.127.116.11 00:39, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- About the only time Repel and Turn spells are useful, late-level, is for archer-type players, ironically. Use the repel/turn spell to get them away, then get your bow out and shoot them as they run in a (typically) straight line. Otherwise, i agree, not the most-effective spells Restoration has to offer. Vyc Ðarkshådøw 03:45, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
 College Practice Ward and Meridia's Light
These entries are listed in several places as spells, and there are redirects from them to here. However, they are not listed in the table and they aren't mentioned in the article.
Does anyone know how to acquire these spells? Even if they are not spells that can be cast by the player, if we redirect, we should at least mention them and explain why they aren't in the table.
- I agree we should mention them, but I don't expect to have time any time soon to go rooting around for them. At the least, I know College Practice Ward isn't player spell because it costs 0 at 15 skill...18.104.22.168 03:12, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
 Atronach perk and circle of protection
Can anyone confirme that the Atronach perk from the Alteration school absorbs magicka from the Circle of Protection spell. My magicka regeneration raised to extreme levels when inside the circle.
- I can confirm that I have Atronach perk and that when I stand inside my Circle of Protection I get insane magicka regeneration. Came here looking for this. Now, does it also work with Atronach stone and spell absorption in general? Or is it just the perk?
- Regardless, this is very nice because it essentially turns Circle of Protection into a mana well which is pretty sweet. Rookwood 00:21, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
 Healing Causes Aggro?
Surprised there isn't already a topic on this, just used Healing Hands on someone after they fought a troll and they took it rather poorly and now they want me dead... Yep, bug? Bushwhacker 04:23, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
- I can't see anything in the Creation Kit indicating that that should happen. Have you been able to duplicate it on anyone else? – Robin Hood↝talk 04:18, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- It's mentioned on a few NPC talk pages, though I haven't tested it myself. The Silencer has spoken 04:21, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- Able to reproduce it at start of companion. I used heal other to heal the brawl fight (the event right at the start when you walk into the hall). They instant aggro on me
 New Dawnguard "sun" spells seem to not give exp.
any seen this happen to them? Im on 360 and as far as i can see after clearing a entire dungeon of dragur useing only Sun Fire spell, i gained absolutely no Restoration experiance, and i can't find anything like this on the internet from anybody else. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 06:31 on 14 July 2012