Skyrim talk:Goldenglow Estate
do we own it or not after we get its bill of sale
- Nope Krag 20:43, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
Does anything respawn in this house, or is it safe for living?
I don't believe so, even after the quest and obtaining the bill of sale the front gate still says requires key but, just just to the left of the main gate there is a pile of rock you can scale to get in, good place to grind skills. (Clearupright 18:14, 13 February 2012 (UTC))
- Hi Clearupright. I think the main question above is whether or not the house has "safe containers." For more information about this, see Containers. Do you mean to answer that it does have safe containers, or just that you can get in there after the quest has been completed? Personally, my guess is that the containers are not safe. In other words, if you put things in a chest or bookshelf, etc., in that house, I think that they will randomly disappear and be replaced with other things after a period of time. If you have a different experience, or you want to do an experiment and leave something in there for a month or more (in game days), then check to see if the same thing or things are still there, then you can let us know here, or edit the containers page to update the information. Thanks for your answer and information. --JRTalk E-mail 18:35, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
- Hello JR and Clearupright. I'm not altogether familiar with how a response to a query works, there was no reply option or anything. So I apologize greatly if this is in bad form. But I felt I have information that would be quite helpful and should perhaps be added to the main page as well as the containers page because I have not seen it there. I completed the mission involving Goldenglow Estate several months ago and had since taken a break from doing Thieves Guild missions. A couple of days ago I completed the mission that gives you the bill of sale and I was Immediately curious about what it meant. I went looking for information on the internet regarding this and came up with very little so I investigated the Estate myself and discovered that in the months (in game AND in reality) since I've been there NOTHING has reset with the sole exception of 2 barrels on the first floor. Regrettably when I was on the mission I took everything that was out in the open in the house and absolutely none of it has respawned either. This very strongly indicates to me that the house is a safe place to store your items with the possible exception of the 2 barrels inside. However the mercenaries do seem to respawn and the original owner is still cowering in the corner. Hope this helps, and I hope to see this information get spread so others can know what options they have for safe storage.220.127.116.11 19:48, 18 October 2012 (GMT)Atum Reign
- I realized while playing that there are actually a few containers that have items in them. It's possible (and likely) I simply overlooked them on my first playthrough but I felt that I should list exactly which containers these were so more extensive testing could be done.
- upon first entering the house from the main front entrance there is a barrel directly to the left.
- Directly across from the barrel is an apothecary satchel.
- on the opposite side of the room there is an end table between 2 chairs.
- At the front of the room is a cupboard.
- Heading down the right hallway and taking a right then another right and one more right there are 2 barrels at either side of a chest and on the floor next to them a large sack.
- heading back out of this room and taking a left, and then another left at the end of the hall at the double doors there are two small sacks immediately to the right underneath a large sack.
- heading back out of this room and back down to the and of the hallway take a left and then another left at the first doorway, there is an end table with 2 mead barrels on top as well as another end table directly across the room.
- continuing through this room there will be a staircase on the left, turn right and the right again there is another end table.
- starting from upstairs head down the hallways and take a left at the first bedroom, there is a wardrobe.
- continuing through this room and taking a left at the hallway then a right and then a left into the master bedroom, there is a cupboard a few feat ahead and to the left
- Heading out of this room and winding your way through the hallways to the last bedroom there is a closet with a barrel and a large sake on the middle shelf to the left
- these are all of the 1st floor and upstairs containers that had anything in them. and as i said it's highly likely I just skipped looting them when i first played through. all of the chests and containers other than the ones i listed were still empty from looting them the first time through.
- Zero basement containers respawned
- The only container in the sewers that I could find (the chest in the holding cell) has not respawned either.
- There are a total of 62 individual containers that I could locate. even if all the containers I listed do respawn there are still more safe containers than any other residence in Skyrim that I'm aware of. and if they truly don't respawn there are actually more than twice as many containers as any residence in skyrim.
- I hope this helps.18.104.22.168 23:07, 18 October 2012 (GMT)Atum Reign