i think i cought something called witbane of a wolf whilst out on skyrim it makes you recover magika half as fast (just got the game today yay ^_^) The sorrow 18:19, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- --It's from the sabre cats. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 06:48 on 12 November 2011 (GMT)
 Effect and description of Rattles and Witbane
Are the effects and description of Rattles and Witbane correct? I *know* that the in-game text for the trap version of Rattles reads "Stamina recovers half as fast", and the trap version of Witbane reads "Magicka recovers half as fast", but that description was changed. 2.5% and 0.5% are incredibly small effects. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 23:42 on 14 November 2011 (GMT)
 Catching diseases while immune?
It seems that some disease scripts/triggers aren't respecting the character's resistance: my character just contracted Rockjoint from a swinging axe trap despite having 100% resistance (due to being a werewolf), and a quick check of the official forums suggests that this isn't the only case of supposedly-immune characters contracting diseases. It *might* be a problem specific to certain triggers or certain diseases; I couldn't be sure from reading the forum posts.
Does anyone have any insight into this? It's worth noting as a bug but without specifics it isn't very helpful. 126.96.36.199 22:16, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
- Insight? Yes: this is the same engine as Oblivion, and disease resistance never worked there either. Aliana 08:25, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
 Followers / Player owned Horses.
Is there any word on whether followers or player owned horses can catch diseases? In multiple games I have had both shadomere as well as any given follower trigger the "disease" animation (swirl of bright white light/spell around their body). Do they indeed catch diseases and are they cured when you go to a blessing shrine?
- My follower was coughing for a long time, I told her to activate a shrine and the coughing ceased. Blackryng 14:07, 8 February 2012 (UTC)
- Awesome, now I can finally get Lydia to shut up. --188.8.131.52 13:12, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
 Unlisted Diseases?
My character has his archery skill reduced by 25 points, and there's nothing in the active effects that explains it. Curing at a shrine has no effect, and de-equipping everything saving and loading has no effect either. Anybody else had a similar problem? Really sucks because archery is my main skill... 184.108.40.206 10:11, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- Just had this happen to me with Rockjoint.— Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 22:09 on 29 December 2011 (GMT)
- It's a displayed skill glitch and purely a notational error. If you look in the perk tree above when it shows your skill level to compare with the skill level requirement for the perk it will still show your true skill level. This glitch goes away once you gain another point in that skill.--DagmarH 19:00, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
 Health Regeneration
Does having a disease effect Health Regeneration? I caught Witbane form a Sabrecat, and I noticed my seemingly full Heatlh bar was still on-screen about a minute later. A quick healing spell filled it and it disappeared from the screen as normal. --Debatra 02:49, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
 Permanent Glow
When the vampiric powers activate on my bosmer, he permanently glows blue. I think it is the magic effect from the Resist Frorst. No amount of reloads, previous saves, or programme restarts have fixed it, and when I google 'vampire skyrim' followed by any combination of 'glow blue bug' or even 'plastic shiny' I get NOTHING. Can anyone else confirm this? OR HOW TO GET RID OF IT? — Unsigned comment by Karsciyin (talk • contribs) on January 1, 2012 19:56
- Does his entire body glow? I'm playing as a Redguard werewolf and I've noticed lately that there's blue glow around his eyes in human form. I can't seem to get rid of it either with the above methods.--18.104.22.168 13:16, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- The same thing happened to me! I am a Vampire Lord and i entered Hall of Valor after it was locked (with unlock command) just to see if i missed anything, boom the aura wont go away, even as a human, i glow with a golden circle Aura around me with a particle effect, no ammount of reloading and stuff helped, i tried as much as i can and no one has written about it, what is happening? --22.214.171.124 05:11, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
(←) same to me... after entering the hall of valor i presume... i didn't notice it at first because i play in first person, but it is really annoying — Unsigned comment by Jeancly (talk • contribs) at 16:40 on 1 February 2013
 Rockjoint from foxes
Just practiced my illusion on foxes got them into battle and got Rockjoint.Can someone confirm this?--Aleksa 09:55, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Sure. Wolfs transmit rockjoint. This is also listed on the page already. --Killfetzer 10:28, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Foxes and Wolves are different animals, Killfetzer. If I have time, I'll see if I can get foxes to attack me tomorrow. Or better yet, someone should look into the source. timrem 10:39, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
 Witbane glitch
I contracted witbane though I don't remember how but soon I noticed that my magika was regenerating really quickly. After a few quests where I destroyed everyone with magic I spoke to someone who asked if I was feeling alright so is looked in my active effects and it said witbane, magika regenerates 50% slower so I cured it and now my magika regenerates so slow compared to before. Does anyone know why this happened?— Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 07:56 on 8 March 2012
- Any change you just completed Out of Balance for Drevis Neloren? A bug with that quest could potentially give you a magic buff that greatly increases your magicka regeneration rate. Maybe it coincidentally coincided with your disease. Wolok gro-Barok 17:23, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
 Skill exp
I know that the amount of exp. gained for skills like one-handed depends on the amount of damage dealt, so would a disease like rockjoint affect the exp gained? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 5 April 2012
 Page name
Just tried searching for the usual "Diseases" page for Skyrim but only found Oblivion's and Morrowind. The Diseases page for both Oblivion and Morrowind is called "Diseases" but for Skyrim it is called just "Disease". Just thought I would mention it in case this wasn't intended, as it doesn't match the previous games' pages.--184.108.40.206 03:03, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
Forgot to log in. That was me. --Coxis 03:03, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
- The search bar automatically checks tense, so if you search "Diseases" it'll still bring you to Skyrim:Disease. However, if you are changing the URL (which on this website isn't a great idea) then I could see the problem. Created a redirect just in case. • JATalk 03:34, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
 Bone Break Fever in Update 1.5
Anyone else reading the description of Bone Break Fever and seeing the unchanged stats? It's currently reducing my Stamina by 0 (Zero) points. Using player.getav stamina shows no effect from the illness. Did it get broken in the most resent patch...or am I running slow?
Can someone confirm this as a bug? 220.127.116.11 07:34, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
- Bone Break Fever is working in 1.8. Maybe it got broken in 1.5, but this question is now probably too old to be answered properly. --Morrolan (talk) 19:14, 27 March 2013 (GMT)