Skyrim:The Bee and Barb
|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
 Related Quests
- Sealing the Deal: Find three flawless amethysts for Talen-Jei's engagement ring.
- Taking Care of Business: Help Brynjolf collect some debts for the Thieves Guild.
The Bee and Barb has two entrances, one positioned next to Marise Aravel near the marketplace and the other north of this door. The Bee and Barb looks out of shape as the upstairs area is bigger than the tavern area, and thus it has wooden supports holding the first floor up. The front of The Bee and Barb can be architecturally viewed from the entrance to Haelga's Bunkhouse.
Talen-Jei will be found around the tavern area, sometimes sweeping. The tavern area consists of three tables, each with chairs, where the visitors of the tavern will sit to drink and eat. Keerava will be found behind the counter, which is by a fireplace in a small corner of the tavern. Two stools are propped against the counter, where you find many different food items. Sapphire, a member of the Thieves Guild, will often be found leaning against a wall in the tavern area. There is also a storage room, which contains a couple of barrels and some food items.
Talen-Jei's room in the inn is to your left when you have ascended the stairs, where you can find a note from Drifa talking about a wedding between him and Keerava. Keerava's room is found on the right (north), and can be unlocked with Keerava's key. In this room there is a business ledger, strongbox and a chest. Next to Keerava's room is an empty room, and the room that you will get if you ask to rent a room is western, and contains a chest, chair and a bed.
The cellar is accessed through doors in the tavern area, but is not worth scavenging. There is merely food, mead and pots and tankards.
The people who frequent the Bee and Barb are:
- Aerin — An Imperial who arrives at the inn around noon to sit and have dinner with Mjoll, leaving with her six hours later.
- Indaryn — A Dunmer who helps run the Black-Briar Meadery who visits the inn every day.
- Louis Letrush — A Breton frequenting the inn before finishing the quest Promises to Keep.
- Marcurio — A sellsword who sits on a bench by the southern entrance.
- Maven Black-Briar — The matriarch of the Black-Briar family who will occasionally be found sitting next to a table upstairs in an alcove near the staircase.
- Mjoll the Lioness — The "champion of the hold" who arrives at the inn at around noon to sit and have dinner with Aerin; she and Aerin will leave The Bee and Barb around 6pm.
- Romlyn Dreth — A Dunmer employee of the Black-Briar Meadery who comes to the inn after finishing his shift and usually sits by the bar attempting to sell the player his cheap Black-Briar mead.
- Sapphire — A member of the Thieves Guild who leans against a wall near the staircase.
- Vulwulf Snow-Shod — A loyal Stormcloak supporter who arrives at the inn at noon to sit and have several drinks before leaving at 6pm.
 Standard Merchandise
This is the merchandise found in the inn's merchant chest. These items are only available if purchased from the merchant; they cannot be pickpocketed or stolen. They are restocked every two days.
|8||Random inn food||Keerava|
- The strongbox and business ledger are in Keerava's room upstairs.
- There is a "Loot" shadowmark to the right of the entrance door. In Keerava's room there is a chest.
- Talen-Jei will ask you to leave the inn when you complete the Taking Care of Business quest. He does not call the guards for trespassing, he simply shows a grim attitude, and also says "You have some nerve coming back here after what you did to Keerava."
- Talen-Jei will sometimes follow you in the inn when you are upstairs or in the cellar, even when you have rented a room.
- A mudcrab can be found mounted on the wall directly north in the tavern area.