|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Arcane Enchanters||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
Proudspire Manor is a three-story house that can be purchased by the player in Solitude.
This manor is the most expensive house available for purchase in Skyrim. It is located next door to the Bards College and is near the Blue Palace. It has many amenities available for purchase, including an alchemy lab, an arcane enchanter, and cooking areas for your crafting needs. Fully upgraded, the house has 15 storage containers, 5 book cases, 5 weapon racks, 2 mannequins, and placards scattered throughout the many rooms.
Unlike most houses, this manor has more storage containers (23) before it is completely upgraded. Also, very unusually, many containers are removed by the upgrades. The Alchemy upgrade removes 6 general purpose containers in the basement, so empty them prior to upgrading. Likewise, all but the barrel are removed in the basement's "wine cask" room after purchasing the Enchantment upgrade. Purchasing the Living room upgrade removes the barrel in the living room and the one in the stairwell. The Bedroom, Patio, and Kitchen upgrades are safe. There is an Unusual Gem in the Bedroom, even before upgrading it.
To purchase the home, you must first complete the two quests The Man Who Cried Wolf and Elisif's Tribute. Upon completion, Elisif will permit you to purchase the house from Falk Firebeard for 25,000 gold. Ownership of this home is required to become a thane of Haafingar. Jordis the Sword-Maiden is the housecarl of Proudspire and can join you after you become a thane.
 NPCs Living Here
 Related Quests
 Costs and Upgrades
|Home and Upgrades
|Falk Firebeard||Price to purchase home||25,000||Housecarl||Jordis the Sword-Maiden|
|Total cost of all upgrades||11,000|
|Bedroom furnishings||Kitchen furnishings||Living room||Alchemy station||Enchanting station||Patio furnishings||Child's Bedroom†HF||Housecarl's Quarters|
|2000 gold||1500 gold||2000 gold||2500 gold||2500 gold||500 gold||3000 gold||Become Thane of Haafingar|
1 Shelf (storage)
- The quest objective "Visit Proudspire Manor, your new home" will not be completed unless you enter through the side door facing Vittoria Vici's House. Any other door, and the quest objective will not update, so be sure to follow your map marker.
- Oddly enough, there are no apparent downsides to using the manor as a home without officially buying it but instead using the stolen Fletcher's key to open the back door. Sleeping in the bed inside gives a well-rested bonus, and all containers are safe for storage.
- Once a housecarl moves into the manor, the basement is refurnished to include a small one-person bed. This may present problems obtaining the Lover's Comfort bonus, as a spouse living in Proudspire Manor will sometimes prefer to sleep in the housecarl's bed rather than the bed in your master bedroom. A fix for this on the PC via console is to use the command
markfordelete, then exit the house and enter again. The bedroll will be gone and the spouse will sleep in the right bed.
- Purchasing child's bedroom for Proudspire Manor won't change the existing decoration, just add an extra room next to the master bedroom on the top floor.
- Adopted children living here will have unique dialogue comments about Solitude:
- Do you think I could be a Bard? I really like singing. (girls)
- The Palace looks so pretty. I wish they'd let me inside... (girls)
- I saw a Thalmor the other day. He was really scary! (girls)
- When I grow up, I wanna join the Legion! (boys)
- There are a few bugs which affect all houses, see the bugs section of the Houses page for details and fixes.
- If you try to put too many books in a bookcase they will disappear and you will no longer be able to access that bookcase.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.4 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- Proudspire Manor can be entered through the patio door using the Solitude Fletcher's key, so the manor does not need to be purchased to obtain its unusual gem.
- This bug is fixed by version 126.96.36.199.8 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- The housecarl's bedroom in the basement will not be furnished after you are made thane.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- After installing Hearthfire, the cooking pot in the kitchen disappears and the barrel under the stairs may be missing.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0.1 of the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.
- After purchasing the child's bedroom, its door may not appear make it inaccessible.
- Back doors cannot be opened from outside even if you have the key. This can be avoided by completing the Thane quest line before entering the house. Jordis has the key. It can also be fixed using the console command
unlockwith the door selected. [verification needed — see ]