Lost Tongue Overlook is a dragon lair on the Jerall Mountains south of Riften.
This lair is on a ledge at the top of a winding path. It is guarded by a leveled dragon after Dragon Rising has been completed. Before this it is home to a boss necromancer and his minions. On the way up to the lair, there is a spellcaster trap that unleashes the Ice Storm spell when triggered. There is a boss chest in the ruin with leveled loot. There is a word wall in the center of the lair which teaches you part of the Dismay shout.
 Related Quests
Some radiant quests have a sizeable list of possible locations. These quests are not placed on individual place pages, and are instead listed at radiant quest locations
- It is possible to ride a horse up the east slope of the hill, and avoid the trail and spellcaster trap altogether. The only non-burnt corpse is located at the point where you crest the hill onto the Overlook.
- At times the spellcaster trap will not appear (or the trap will be there but the soul gem won't); however it will continue to operate with no way to disable it. ?
- It is possible that the spellcaster trap continues to operate even though the soul gem was shot down from the trap. Sometimes this can happen if you make a follower pick up the soul gem or if it get's dislodged without picking it up. Walk around the outside edge of the pillar to avoid the spell. ?
- The dragon may become stuck to the word wall, and will be invincible. Revisiting the area at a later date appears to fix this ?
- Sometimes the sound effects will play, however you may not be able to obtain the word of power from the wall due to the word not lighting up. ?