Skyrim:A False Front (Imperial)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Legate Rikke at the Pale Imperial Camp.
- Find a Stormcloak courier and take his documents.
- Take the documents back to Legate Rikke.
- Take the modified documents to Frorkmar Banner-Torn in Dawnstar.
- Return to Legate Rikke.
 Detailed Walkthrough
At the Pale Imperial Camp, talk to Legate Rikke, who is near a map in a large tent. She will order you to find a Stormcloak courier and take some military intelligence documents on Imperial troop movements. She will tell you to go to one of the courier's stopping places: the Nightgate Inn (southeast of Dawnstar, west of Windhelm), or the Candlehearth Hall in the middle of Windhelm, and solicit the aid of one of the innkeepers.
The Nightgate Inn is usually better since there are fewer people and no guards to witness your interactions with the courier. Once at an inn, you can either wait until the courier eventually comes, or persuade, intimidate, or bribe the innkeeper for information on the courier's location, which will then be marked on your map. You can kill or pickpocket the courier for the orders. Killing the courier counts as a murder, even if not witnessed.
Return the documents to Legate Rikke. Noting that they indicate that the Stormcloaks need reinforcements at Fort Dunstad, she will remark that they won't get them. She will then alter the documents so as to misinform the Stormcloaks, and tell you to take the papers to the Stormcloak Commander in Dawnstar.
The commander, Frorkmar Banner-Torn, is often in The White Hall looking at the map, sleeping upstairs in the barracks, or walking around outside the building. He will believe your story that you are with the Stormcloaks, and tip you five gold for delivering the message. If you linger, you may hear some interesting discussion between Frorkmar and his cronies.
Return to Legate Rikke to complete the quest. If you then tell her that you are reporting for duty, she will give you the quest to Battle the Stormcloaks for Fort Dunstad.
- This quest and A False Front (Stormcloaks) are different radiant versions of the same quest.
- If Dawnstar is given to the Imperials during Season Unending then this quest will not be given to the player.
- There is a possibility of gaining the documents without killing him. If you follow him between the two inns he may engage in a fight and die, leaving you to strip his corpse.
- If you approach Frorkmar Banner-Torn to turn in the documents while wearing either the Stormcloak Officer's Uniform or the Stormcloak Cuirass and Helmet, he will not seem to notice and will accept the documents directly. If you are wearing Imperial armor, he will first comment, "I think you're in the wrong place, friend," when you talk to him, and will, when you inform him of the documents, ask you why you're not wearing Stormcloak colors. If you're wearing any other armor, he will ask you why you aren't wearing your Stormcloak colors, to which you respond that you ditched it to blend in. He will accept the explanation and take the orders.
- Killing the Stormcloak Courier will count as murder, even if he/she attacks you first. If a nearby NPC witnesses your "murder", you will incur a bounty in the Pale or Eastmarch.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 15, 21, 31, 39, 51, 100, 205, 255
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|