Skyrim:Lost Valley Redoubt
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Forsworn, Forsworn Briarhearts, Hagravens|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Word Wall||Become Ethereal|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Silver||2|
Lost Valley Redoubt is a massive Nordic ruin inhabited by Forsworn and hagravens. It is a short distance, almost directly west of Bilegulch Mine, both of which are to the southeast of Markarth and to the northwest of Falkreath.
Be prepared for a long fight. At the top on the island below the highest waterfall you will find two hagravens around an altar, creating a Forsworn Briarheart:
Hagraven #1: "Heart of thorn... bones of the wild... in life, Forsworn..."
Both Hagravens: "...rise from death, Blood of our Blood."
Behind them is a word wall which teaches part of the Become Ethereal shout. There is leveled loot on the altar along with a chest in the area. There is a long ledge overhanging two waterfalls at the top, opposite the hagravens and word wall, which is Bard's Leap Summit.
 Related Quests
- There is a lever near the stairs on the level where the large waterfall lands. Activating it causes a boulder trap to go off. Another such lever is a short distance West on the same level, next to a large rock.
- Beware several tripwires. They set off boulder traps and a swinging mammoth head.
- At the summit, follow one of the aqueducts to its base to find gold and a random potion.
- There is a catwalk over the waterfall that overlooks the camp. If you go on it and head towards the waterfalls, you will see some boards hanging off; this is Bard's Leap Summit. Jump and land in the water, and you will see some stairs. Go up the stairs and you will meet a ghost named Azzadall. Listen to his story of his leap, after which he will play you a song. When he is done, your speech skill will level up by two.
- One silver ore vein is located left of the Forsworn hut on the level beyond the mammoth skull trap. A second one is one level above the previous, past the first archway by the southern staircase.
- Just to the north is the treasure chest for Treasure Map V, assuming you have obtained the map.
- The Briarheart ritual can be interrupted. Killing the Hagravens will stop the spell, and thus the Forsworn's resurrection. Pickpocketing the Briarheart from the Forsworn Briarheart works too.
- There is an unlocked wooden chest on it's side found by a small pile of rubble on the far side of the catwalk towards Cradle Stone Tower.