Oblivion talk:Arena (faction)
|Archive 1: April 2006 - September 2008|
|Archive 2: October 2008 - March 2011|
 Moved notes.
- As you first enter the Bloodworks, you may see a Blue Gladiator either shooting a target with arrows, or punching a punching bag. If he is shooting arrows, you can grab them without being charged for theft.
- The word "Myrmidon" derives from the Greek for "ant-warrior", making the dog-like thing depicted on the icon somewhat incongruous. In the Iliad, Achilles' soldiers were called myrmidons because the Greeks believed that they had been transformed from ants into men.
I would like you to state why they should go back on the page because I see no point. I have tried the first one , and the second one is just not notable. Anyone else's thoughts ? JackTurbo95 08:56, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
 Obtaining the Yellow Raiments
When I bet on the yellow team, I am not in the yellow team box. Thus that method does not work. I don't want to do the paintbrush method, I just don't like having to break the map. But is that my only working option to get the yellow raiments? Stouf761 16:50, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- If you're playing on a "PC", you can always visit the "Testing Hall". Leo Star Dragon 1 09:21, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
 Can still participate in Questline even with Bounty + Legion after you.
I am screwing around, doing a random killing spree and I ran down into the Arena area. Of course, with Legion after me everyone starts attacking. If you yield around Owyn and quickly try to talk to him, you can actually initiate a conversation with him (even if you've never been to the Arena before) and can start/continue the quest-line. When readying for a match, running up to the Arena will of course have people trying to kill you but once you're actually in the match, they leave you alone. After finishing the match, all Legion disappear and you'll be free to talk to anyone down there.
Note: Any character down here will yield, can even start the quest for the Grey Prince.
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or not, nor have I tested this with other guilds...I found a brief moment earlier in a Legion onslaught that let me wait...maybe if I can get some sleep in I can get a visit from the Dark Brotherhood as well. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 07:59 on 20 August 2011 (GMT)
- It's not a glitch. You just lost the guards. --Legoless 18:29, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
 Rumour - Arena Staged and Fake
I came across a rumour about the Arena being staged, which I will transcribe here at a later stage in the near future, and was wondering which article to put it in as a 'note', leaning towards this one. The gist of the rumour is that the combatants are actors and that it's all fake. Thoughts? (I'll update when I next get the chance) --OblivionDuruza 17:12, 25 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi! What may lend credence to that rumor is this. If you do the "Betting on a Match" part and go into that area of the Arena and wait for the match to end, then use the Console Command of "TCL" to go down to where the combatents are, besides talking to the survivor and looting the looser, well, if you do this act time and time again, you should eventually realize that it is the same two people in every match, being endlessly recycled! So I think that rumor was placed in as an inside joke by the game makers who probably realised that some people will use such a cheat! Not to mention the fact, that since it is a game after all, that of course it is faked in that context too. I hope that helped! Leo Star Dragon 1 04:39, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, but you can do lots of things with the console, including creating hundreds of Uriel Septims dancing without clothes in the Market District, yet you don't hear NPCs chatting about that, do you? Definitely add the rumor to the page if you can find it OblivionDuruza, I've been searching but I can't find it. Kitkat xxx •Talk•Contrib•E-mail 21:04, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- "The Arena's faked. You think those guys are getting hurt? Really? It's just berry syrup and ham-acting" That's the rumour. RIM 21:15, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- Ah go raibh maith agat! I think it's just random/ generic rumours, although I distinctly remember that one time in Pell's Gate all the people said it, probably just pure coincidence. RIM 21:47, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
I always assumed this rumor was just a pop culture reference to real life professional wrestling like WWF/WWE (or whatever they call it now). Which is of course completely staged for entertainment value.
EDIT: Argh! I thought it obvious by my previous statement, that the rumor is actually in the game. I was just trying to explain why it exists. I wasn't implying that simply using the Console creates it! Just because you can do pranks via Console, doesn't invalidate anyone's valid query. By the way, the previous line that is not signed isn't by me nor a part of this edit. Leo Star Dragon 1 09:29, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
I encountered a bug with the latest patch and Unnoficial patch (they didnt fix it) I cannot proceed to the advancement match from pitdog to brawler... All Owyn does is give me money for completing the second battle... I disabled and enabled him... I attacked him then asked him to yield.. nothing seems to work... :/ i have a mod that modifies the arena but even if its deactivated the problem continues...
- Using mods can cause a lot of problems like this. I don't play on PC but you may be able to advance the quest by using the console commands or Construction Set.RIM 18:01, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
Console commands didnt work already tried that... Considering deactivating that mod again and reloading an older save see if the problem keeps up (And all the mod actualy does is Makes you able to have more beast fights as the GC fight battles even at night... And improves your winnings a bit )I think ill have to reload...(Reload didtnt work... Hmm i wonder what more could be causing it.. :/ )
Hi! Ha! I came here this morning to get the quest stages for the Console commands because I can't get the "Arena" quest to start or "The Grey Prince". All I get is polite conversation, even from the Yellow Team Champion. I wonder if we are using the same mods that are causing quest advancement problems. The last time I played those quests, I had to come here then to get the stages and advance one stage at a time. So I guess whatever problem I had several characters ago, is the same one I've having now and it hasn't resolved itself in the meantime. Argh! Good luck! Leo Star Dragon 1 09:34, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
 Another Bug/Oversight with Arena combat
Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it seems that arena enemies are scripted to ignore anything you summon. Which has game breaking consequences if you are playing a mage who uses certain tactics in fights.
For example you can summon a monster and then cast invisibility on self, your opponent will just stand there waiting for you to re-appear and will let your summoned monster beat on him until he dies without even defending himself. Even though you could say invisibility spells/potions are amongst the most over powered abilities in the game anyway, this seems to go beyond a balance issue and I think is more of an oversight by Bethesda which should have been corrected.— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 15:48 on 23 November 2011
- This is because when the gates are lowered, the current opponent is scripted to start combat with the player. What happens next depends on their combat AI, but enemies in general are often loath to attach summoned creatures.
- This is also the reason that opponents briefly detect you if you've got 100% Chameleon.
- --Gaebrial 13:00, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
 Announcer Dialogue
I'm curious... Is there any known sites that feature the announcer's dialogue? --Mikeyy 09:45, 30 December 2011 (UTC)
 Arena fights won't load - Is this a known problem or unique to me?
I speak to the master, wear the raiment and go to the red room and up the ramp but when I try to enter the arena the game freezes and eventually I just have to turn off the Xbox.
I've tried going out and coming back later, tried changing the items I'm carrying and just restarting but it doesn't help.
I don't know if quests have an effect. I have previously fought one battle in the arena, a long time ago in game time. I am now archmage and the grey fox. I was filling in time to wait for midday in the green emperor way during the main quest, that's why I went to the arena and I am part way through visiting all the shrines for the prophet quest.
- Well perhaps try and create a new game save and try to see if you can do the Arena quests. If not, the only thing that I can think of is a faulty disk. Hope this helps Helenaannevalentine 23:35, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
 no killing Agronak
before agronak talks, if you kill him, he will be instantly resurrected. if you then disintigrate his armor before fast travel and then return, upon arrival he will not be wearing his armor. this allows you to pick his pocket and continue the quest without killing him. after turning in his raiment, the game disables him and proceeds as if you had killed him. may be worth testing to see if this can avoid the db involvement. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 14:54 on 30 September 2012
- To avoid the DB questline, you can kill Luchance when he's appears, or just not complete the required murder. Golden SilenceBreak the Silence 15:04, 30 September 2012 (GMT)
 Murder charge from Arena
In the Arena, I got murder charges (Dark Brotherhood notice and murder stat) for two bouts in which I struck the opponents before they struck me. They were straight fights without me using any Calm or Demoralize spells and presumably they were hostile since they had weapons drawn. I reloaded and was careful to let them hit me first which avoided the murder charge. This was in version 1.2.0416 with the unofficial patch. Dlxmarks (talk) 19:08, 18 December 2012 (GMT)
 Marker in Nowhere
After I finished the arena questline I saw a marker leading to the middle of nowhere above the Elsweyr border. I investigated it to find nothing out of the ordinary. Does this necessarily mean something or did the developers just need somewhere to place a map marker? --Hazman258 (talk) 16:28, 30 December 2012 (GMT)